How did budding Indian actress Chethana Raj die? - GulfToday

How did budding Indian actress Chethana Raj die?


Chethana Raj poses for a photograph.

Gulf Today Report

A 21-year-old budding Indian actress Chethana Raj died after what her family says was a botched liposuction procedure, according to police on Wednesday.

Liposuction, a medical procedure to remove fat, is very common and cheap in India — but is still mostly unregulated outside big hospitals.

According to her grandmother Narayanamma, the actress had asked for 150,000 rupees (around $1,900) for the operation but the family refused.

The family said, “We did not encourage her to have the operation as she was healthy and not fat."

Fans who are wondering how Chethana Raj plastic surgery became the reason of her death can read further.

CCTV footage shows that Chethana day of the procedure the actress could be seen sitting in the clinic.

According to the family, Chethana cobbled together the money herself and went to a clinic in Bangalore without telling the parents

According to the doctors, she developed complications and was rushed to hospital where she was pronounced dead.
As per medical reports, after the fat reducing surgery, some fat got stored in her lungs making her difficult to breathe.

Chethana started suffering from breathing problem as the stored fat made it difficult for the organ to process.

The panicked doctors admitted shifted her to the ICU of another hospital as the cosmetic clinic did not have any emergency ward.

Chethana Raj was shifted to Kade Hospital in Manjunath Nagar.

As per police reports, around 5:30pm on 16 May, one doctor named Melvin, who is an anaesthetist, barged into Kade Hospital with a patient (who was found unresponsive later) disregarding all the protocols of the hospital and threatening their security.

Doctors at the hospital allegedly claimed that she was brought dead.

Moreover, her family members alleged that she got hospitalised on 16 May 2022 at 9:30 am without informing the parents.

The ICU Intensivist Dr Sandeep V said that that the incident did not appear normal, he said the barging in was wrong.

The police have registered a case of unnatural death after the woman's father accused the clinic of botching the procedure.

Related articles