One of the ill-fated truck is seen at the accident site in Sharjah.
Hessa Al Sewaidi, Staff Reporter
A traffic accident took place due to lack of attention, claimed the life of two Asians and the injury of a third, after three trucks collided on the Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Road in the area of Hamriya.
Colonel Ali Al Jalaf, head of Al Hamriya Police Station of Sharjah, said the Operations Room received a report at 03:00am on Wednesday, alerting the collision between the three trucks on Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Road.
Al Jalaf said that instantly on receiving the report, police officers and national ambulance rushed to the scene.
He added that the collision resulted in the death of two Asians and the severe injury of a third who was hospitalised for treatment.
Al Jalaf attributed the cause of the incident to not attention during driving.
Jalaf affirmed that traffic safety on the road is a common responsibility to be achieved only through drivers' commitment to laws and regulations, which are the safe means to achieve road security and maintain the safety of life and property.
The ban follows an accident on Jan.10 in which nine traders died and 20 others were injured when a truck returning from a weekly market near Lira overturned. Police blamed speed and reckless driving for the crash.
The Fayfa’s civil defence teams in Saudi Arabia have witnessed a fatal car accident on Sunday, resulting in the death of a cleaner and the injury of another.
"Instead of stopping the vehicle, the driver increased speed and unfortunately lost control over the car. The vehicle crossed the sidewalk and crashed into the glass window of a shopping store,” police officials revealed.
Others also carrying drugs fled back into Syria during the attempt, one of an increasing number of such incidents over the past year that had led the army to toughen its rules of engagement with smugglers.
The renewed pressure comes as the pandemic further shakes the North’s economy, which was already battered by crippling US-led sanctions over its nuclear weapons programme and decades of mismanagement by its own government.
The junta, which came to power in a coup in August 2020, had first asked Denmark to withdraw its troops on Monday, following a deployment it said had been undertaken without consent.