A videograb shows people partying in a desert camp in Dubai.
Dubai has shut down a desert resort on Monday for violating the COVID-19 precautionary measures set up by the authorities.
The authorities have been strict with enforcing rules in the emirate as COVID-19 cases tend to rise in the past few days.
Dubai Media Office said, “The Dubai Police, in cooperation with Dubai Tourism, shuts down a desert camp that organised a private gathering while violating Covid-19 precautionary measures.
“The camp operator was fined Dhs50,000 while each participant was fined Dhs15,000.”
A video published by media office showed people without facemasks are holing up in close proximity with each other. An official said it was a clear violation of Covid-19 measures.
On Sunday, the Dubai Government Media Office stated via Twitter that Dubai Police seize and issues violations of Dhs50,000 for several people who held a private party in a commercial yacht without committing to social distancing and wearing masks, and the entity’s licence of the yacht was suspended for a month.
Social gatherings and private parties have been the main cause of the surge in coronavirus cases in the UAE.
The authorities said that private parties and meetings are responsible for the rise in COVID-19 cases.
Commander-in-Chief of Dubai Police, Lt Gen Abdullah Khalifa Al Marri, in January urged everyone to follow the precautionary measures and social distancing guidelines to curb the spread of the virus.
The Dubai Municipality said that the total commitment rate reached 98 per cent in the emirate, the number of inspection visits reached 2,393, 2 establishments were closed, and 35 warnings were made.
The UAE said on Tuesday that it has administered 93,846 more doses of the COVID-19 vaccine in the past 24 hours and in the process has crossed the 2 million mark.
“Members of the Indian community who wish to visit the Consulate for any consular services are advised to avoid such visits unless absolutely necessary. They should, instead, make use of the various electronic platforms offered by the Consulate without having to physically visit the office."
Qatar's Interior Ministry described the building as a four-story structure in Doha's Bin Durham neighborhood. It said rescuers found seven survivors, while the one person killed had been inside the building at the time of the collapse.
A large number of diplomatic corps, officials of the UAE, prominent business individuals and Pakistani community residing in the UAE participated in the event.
The pardon gives the released prisoners an opportunity to get a fresh start in life and reintegrate into the community, he added.