The photo has been used for illustrative purposes.
Gulf Today, Staff Reporter
In an extraordinary move, Dubai has exempted all passengers arriving from four GCC countries from prior COVID-19 PCR tests.
The Dubai Airports authorities said the travellers would undergo a test when they arrive in the emirate’s airport.
Passengers would be asked to take a complimentary COVID‑19 PCR test on arrival in Dubai.
UAE’s leading airline Emirates gave details of the process.
Emirates said on its website, “All passengers arriving in Dubai from the GCC countries: Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, and Oman are not required to take a COVID‑19 PCR test prior to departure.”
It also said, “You can opt to do the test on arrival at Dubai International Airport. This is not applicable to passengers arriving by road through the Hatta border, who must take the PCR test 96 hours from the date of the test before departure.”
Emirates also said, “The test on arrival in Dubai also applies to passengers travelling from the United Kingdom and Germany.”
However, passengers still have the option of taking the test 96 hours before departure in their country of origin.
Emirates clarified that COVID‑19 PCR test requirement rules would apply to tourists travelling to Dubai from other countries and territories.
• Tourists must present a negative COVID‑19 PCR test certificate that is valid for 96 hours from the date of the test before departure.
• The certificate must be for a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test. Other test certificates including antibody tests and home testing kits are not accepted in Dubai.
• If you are taking a test before you depart, you must bring an official, printed certificate in English or Arabic to check in – SMS and digital certificates are not accepted.
• If you are transiting in Dubai from the countries listed above, you are not required to present a COVID‑19 PCR test certificate unless it is mandated by your country of origin or final destination.
• Passengers who wish to avail Dubai Connect, and have booked a hotel outside the airport, must present a negative COVID‑19 PCR test certificate that is valid for 96 hours from the date of the test before departure.
Dubai-based budget airline flydubai also said, “If you are a tourist or visitor arriving in Dubai, and your journey originated in a GCC country, you only need to take a COVID-19 PCR test on arrival in Dubai.”
flydubai also said that if your journey originated in the UK or Germany, you have the option of taking a COVID-19 PCR test on arrival in Dubai.
The video of the event reminds us of an action packed scene from a Hollywood movie.
As quilting remains a perennially popular hobby for people of all ages, the 2020 edition of the International Quilt Show Dubai is set to break records as the biggest event the region has ever seen, attracting crowds of up to 1,000 people each day.
Leaders will discuss a number of important topics to enhance the process of cooperation and integration among the member states, says Al Zayani.
Attended by over 150 ministers and more than 2,000 participants, the objective of the Pre-Summit was to serve as a global moment to galvanise further support for transforming education.
All Etihad flights servicing New York and Chicago O'Hare International Airport will be operated by the A350, joining Mumbai and Delhi routes.
The video was shared by adviser to the Ukrainian Minister of Internal Affairs, Anton Gerashchenko on Twitter with the caption: "Unbreakable... A little girl sings the Ukrainian anthem while she is getting her bandages.”