Man dies in Dubai restaurant fire - GulfToday

Man dies in Dubai restaurant fire


Firefighters work at the site of the gas explosion in Dubai.

Mohammed Yaseen, Staff Reporter

An Asian man was killed in a fire that erupted in a 4-storey-building locating in the Dubai International City 2 on Monday morning.

He was reportedly inside a restaurant that caught fire in the building.

According to an official source from the Civil Defense, the operations room was alerted at 4:31am about a restaurant fire due to an explosion caused by gas leakage. The firefighting and rescue teams of Nada Al-Sheba station were immediately dispatched to the location of the fire.


VIDEO: 3-year-old girl safe after being lofted by kite in Taiwan

Prayers resume in mosques in industrial zones at 30 per cent limit

Man jailed for bid to smuggle drugs inside toys

The people in the building were evacuated as a preventive measure.

The Asian died while he was inside the place at the time of the fire, the source confirmed.

The Dubai Civil Defense teams were able to control the fire within 33 minutes, the source added, noting that that the scene had been handed over to the competent teams to continue the investigation.

Related articles