The photo has been used for illustrative purpose. WAM
Gulf Today, Staff Reporter
Abu Dhabi Emergency, Crisis & Disaster Committee for the coronavirus Pandemic, in collaboration with Abu Dhabi Police and the Department of Health in Abu Dhabi, took to social media to announce a slight ease in the restrictions in the movement of the residents, caused due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The announced was made in a series of tweets that the residents of Abu Dhabi can now move around inside the emirate without any restrictions.
Residents will also be allowed to comfortably travel between Al Ain and Al Dhafra area.
Restrictions on entering the emirate are being extended for another week, with exemptions for all types of goods, mail, and permit holders, said the tweet.
The announcement will be made effective from 6am on Tuesday the 23rd of June.
The news follows the achievements of a promising decline in the number of Covid-19 cases in Abu Dhabi.
Movement of workers into Abu Dhabi emirate is still prohibited.
To apply for a permit, visit https://es.adpolice.gov.ae/en/movepermit
The aviation industry has been among the worst hit by the COVID-19 outbreak, which has dented travel demand and forced major airlines to lay off staff and seek government bailouts.
The Department of Economic Development (DED) in Abu Dhabi said, “In order to fight off commercial counterfeits across Abu Dhabi, ADDED ran a field inspection campaign with the cooperation of the Abu Dhabi Police, who raided a factory producing counterfeit hand sanitisers bearing the trademark of a global brand and seized all of its contents.”
In a statement, the Ministry affirmed its aim to expand the scope of testing nationwide to facilitate the early detection of coronavirus cases and carry out the necessary treatment.
The infected individuals are from various nationalities, are in a stable condition, and receiving the necessary care, Ministry added. MoHAP also announced 3 deaths due to COVID-19 complications, bringing the total number of deaths in the country to 1,529.
When barbecue buddies Ons Jabeur and Tatjana Maria step on to Centre Court for their Wimbledon semi-final on Thursday, the loyalties of an eight-year-old German girl who will be sitting in the players' box will be severely tested.
"It's all going well so far. I have moved around a lot and saw rules are being respected," said Faten Abdel Moneim, a 65-year-old Egyptian mother of four. "I hope it stays this way."
The Palestinian health ministry identified the man as Rafiq Riyad Ghannem, 20, saying he was shot by Israeli troops in Jaba, a town near the flashpoint city of Jenin in the northern West Bank.
The student, Ameera Fares, has obtained a PhD in Chemical Engineering from two different universities, the UAE University (UAEU) and the KU Leuven in Belgium, for her thesis "Multi Stage Modified Solvay Process for CO2 Capture And Reject Brine Desalination."