Li Xiuhang and Dr Hussein Abdul Rahman congratulate the pateint on her recovery.
One of the cases recorded of coronavirus in the UAE has recovered fully from the symptoms of the disease, announced the Ministry of Health and Community Protection on Sunday.
According to the ministry the case is from the Chinese family that were declared with coronavirus at the end of last month.
The 73-years-old grandmother of the family is the one who has recovered.
Li Xiuhang, Consul General of the People's Republic of China and Dr Hussein Abdul Rahman Al-Rand, Assistant Undersecretary of the Ministry of Health for the public health sector visited the Chinese lady on Sunday to congratulate her on her complete recovery.
She expressed her appreciation to the UAE for the care she received while on admission.
She added that she received excellent health care and great support from members of the medical staff in the hospital.
She said that what the Emirates has provided to her and all the family members reflects the extent of care enjoyed by everyone who lives in the Emirates.
The 73 year old expressed her gratitude at the visit of the Chinese consul and the representative of the Ministry of Health and Community Protection.
The two new patients who had recovered were also Chinese citizens, a 41-year old man, and his son, who was eight years of age, the ministry said.
The laboratory diagnostic kits in the cargo will help screen thousands of people, further supporting the efforts to control the pandemic.
The announcement follows the directives issued by President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, and His Highness Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces.
Tough punishment awaits individuals found guilty of spreading misinformation and disinformation that impinge on the reputation and national security of the UAE such as those regarding the current global concern on Coronavirus (COVID-19).
About half the country's roughly 110 million people are currently under quarantine — including millions in deep poverty, left jobless by tough restrictions on movement.
The first phase testing would take around three months, CSIRO's director of health Rob Grenfell told Reuters, adding that any resulting vaccine would not be available to the public before late next year.
Confirmed coronavirus infections around the world approached one million on Thursday as the pandemic spread at a "near-exponential" rate, with a six-week-old baby becoming one of the youngest known victims.