No matching items found
The photo has been used for illustrative purposes.
Gulf Today, Staff Reporter
In a tragic incident, two Asian maidservants living in Bur Dubai died after inhaling toxic fumes from burning coal in their sponsor’s villa.
The villa’s owner found them dead and informed the police.
The burning coal, kept in a bowl, was meant to keep them warm in the cold weather. Unfortunately, it emitted carbon monoxide which ultimately killed them. They died in their sleep.
Fire destroys Ajman warehouse
Fire breaks out in Sharjah Industrial Area
Experts from the Crime Scene Department reportedly found the windows of the room locked, preventing the room from being clear of the poisonous air.
The skivvies were rushed to hospital and given first aid, but they were already dead.
Residents have been urged to inform their servants over the dangers of burning coal inside their flats or homes, with the windows locked.
This is the first incident of its kind this year.
A mechanic who lost his warehouse to a money lender after failing to pay off a Dhs200,000 loan set the warehouse on fire, a jury heard on Monday.
A visiting official of an internationally-recognised healthcare accreditation body said the public must and should not be embarrassed to inquire whether the facility they have decided to go for consultation were certified to function and render services.
A leading hospital group in the UAE has upgraded its Dubai facilities to help address the observed increase in cardiac cases and lifestyle-related diseases.
"We are sorry to inform that as per local authorities and relatives it is so far confirmed that eight Indians have passed away in Dubai bus accident. Consulate is in touch with relatives of some of the deceased and awaits further details for others to inform their families," the CGI Dubai said in a tweet.
The details of the incident refer to a report coming from a woman to the Operations Room at exactly (03:15) Friday, stating that a person known to them kidnapped her daughter and there were previous disputes.
Britain, like much of Europe, is suffering from rocketing inflation and stagnant economic growth, raising the prospect of a summer of strikes across the continent.
Civil Defence teams of Sharjah controlled, on Saturday evening, a fire which broke out at a vehicle workshop in the Industrial Area 4 in Sharjah. No injuries were reported.
In a heroic scene, an Omani man rescued two children from certain death in the Sultanate of Oman on Friday, after they were swept away by violent surface run-off in a valley in Bahla.