Man immured for attempt to hug tourist - GulfToday

Man immured for attempt to hug tourist


Photo has been used for illustrative purposes.

Hamza M Sengendo, Staff Reporter

A man who barged into the hotel room of female tourists, tried to hug one and shower with another was immured on Tuesday.

The Arab visitor, 21, forced his way into a room that a Swedish tourist, 23, shared with her compatriot peer and a Turkish friend inside a hotel in Al Barsha area at around 10pm on August 26, records showed.

He placed his hand on her shoulder trying to hug and buss her. He was drunk. The Criminal Court imprisoned him for three months plus deportation. It referred the alcohol abuse charge to the Misdemeanours Court.

On the record, the tourist and her peer returned from a supermarket. Before the door automatically closed, the defendant entered and stood in the corridor. He then prepared himself a cup of coffee.

He posed them questions, demanding to know where they had come from and what they had come to do in the country. “We were in shock. I asked him to leave. He refused and sat in the corridor,” she said.

The friend said, “He then sat at a table drinking coffee, refusing to get out. I could not do anything because I was in a towel only. I threatened to call the police if he refused. He insisted he wanted to shower with me.”

Thereafter, the defendant reportedly stood and tried to hug and buss the tourist as she pushed him away. He clutched her. Her peer intervened and helped her push him outside the room. They locked the door.

They spent more than an hour not knowing what to do, afraid to go out. They heard someone knocking on the door. On opening they were stunned to see him at the doorstep trying to enter. They slammed it.

The peer said that the friend had asked him whether he showered with his relatives. He said yes. They told him they were married. He uttered an inappropriate statement. “We joined hands to force him out,” she said.

Recently, two traders who broke into an elderly tourist’s vehicle and decamped valuables were given six months in the dock.

Related articles