Saudi security officers are seen at Saudi Arabia's Abha airport. File/ Reuters
A Yemeni rebel attack on a civilian airport in southern Saudi Arabia killed a Syrian national and wounded seven civilians on Sunday, a Riyadh-led coalition said, the latest in a series of strikes on the site.
"A terrorist attack by the Iranian-backed Houthi militia took place at Abha international airport, through which thousands of civilian passengers... pass daily," the military coalition said.
"A Syrian national died and seven civilians were wounded," it added, in a statement carried by the official Saudi Press Agency.
The coalition did not provide details on how the airport was attacked, but Iran-aligned Houthi rebels have repeatedly struck the civilian facility this month with drones and missiles.
The UAE has strongly condemned the Houthi terrorist attack on Saudi Arabia’s Abha International Airport.
In a statement, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MoFAIC) condemned the terrorist attack which, it said, flies in the face of all international laws and conventions.
"The UAE strongly condemns this terrorist act and labels it as a new evidence of the Iranian-backed Houthi militias' hostile and terrorist tendencies to undermine security and stability in the region."
"The UAE re-iterates its solidarity with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia against any threat to its security and stability and supports all measures taken by the Saudi government to maintain the security of its citizens and residents," the statement continued.
"The security of the UAE and of the Kingdom is indivisible," it noted, adding, "any threat or danger to Saudi Arabia's security is considered a threat to UAE's security and stability."
The Ministry expressed condolences to the family of the Syrian victim and wished a quick recovery to the injured.
A spokesman for the coalition said the drones had been fired by the Houthis towards civilian targets in Khamis Mushait in southern Saudi Arabia, close to Abha.
In a statement released by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MoFAIC) on Thursday, the UAE reiterated that these systematic terror attacks by the Houthis reflect their blatant disregard for the international community and all international laws and norms.
In a statement on Wednesday, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MoFAIC) said the UAE affirms that these systematic terrorist attacks by the Houthi group reflect its blatant disregard for the international community and all international laws and norms.
The video, published on Thursday on the US Central Command's website, purports to show the crew of an Iranian patrol boat removing an object from the hull of a vessel whose markings appear to match archive footage and pictures of the Japanese-owned tanker Kokuka Courageous.
On the occasion of World Day Against Trafficking in Persons, the UAE Public Prosecution warned the public against revealing the names or publishing photographs of victims or witnesses involved in human trafficking cases.
The Saudi Ministry of Tourism announced that the Kingdom will open its doors to tourists and lift the entry ban for visa holders starting from August 1.
Afzaal said, “With regard to workers' requests for visa cancellation, it was informed that they could apply to the Labour Ministry which approves cancellation within two weeks.”