Man gets jail for swindling over Dhs100,000 - GulfToday

Man gets jail for swindling over Dhs100,000


The photo has been used for illustrative purposes.

Aya Al Deeb, Staff Reporter

The Criminal Court in Dubai on Tuesday sentenced an Arab businessman, 36, to one year in jail to be followed by deportation over swindling Dhs120,000 from a 49-year-old Khaleeji man.

According to the police records, the story began when the victim saw an advertisement on an application on his mobile phone seeking a financier to renew a commercial licence of an oil services company in order to be able to sell it for a large sum.

The victim contacted the advertiser (the defendant), who sent to him copies of forged documents proving his ownership of the company.

The defendant requested the victim to pay the renewed fees of the license amounting Dhs120,000, in return for a share of Dhs370,000 from the licensee value after its sale.

The defendant received the money and then started to evade, which drove the victim to lodge a complaint with the police.


The Federal Supreme Court upheld a decision by the Ministry of Health and Prevention to shut down a medical clinic and withdraw its license after a doctor and a nurse working in it had caused the death of a female patient. Earlier, the Court of First Instance and Court of Appeal cancelled the decision but banned the doctor and nurse from practicing their profession for one year.

As part of its powers to monitor medical establishments and ensure the commitment of doctors and medical staff to the regulations, the ministry conducted an investigation into a complaint against a medical centre for negligence and a doctor and a nurse for committing multiple violations.

According to the investigation committee, the doctor prescribed a medicine for a female patient on the phone after the nurse had told him about her health condition. The doctor said he was in the habit of prescribing medicines in this way.

The wrong prescription, however, resulted in the patient being taken to a hospital where the lab analyses confirmed that she was suffering from a shock caused by an allergic reaction to a medicine prescribed by the doctor on the phone.

The nurse said the doctor prescribed three drugs for the patient by telephone and she intravenously injected medicine into the patient to remove respiratory congestion upon the doctor’s orders.

Related articles