A general view of Dr Sulaiman Al Habib Hospital Dubai.
1. What is the meaning or the definition of Interventional heart procedures?
• It means fixing and repairing diseased conditions of the heart without the need of open heart surgery, (by the use of catheters or devices introduced to the diseased part of the heart, through a tiny hole in the blood vessels of the leg or the arms. (It is not surgical operation).
2. How long the patient will stay in the hospital after the procedure?
• Usually patient will stay for one day.
3. What are the types of theses heart procedures?
• There are many types of these procedures (more than 15 procedures)
A. Coronary arteries supplying the muscle procedures (by dilating and opening the blocked arteries with balloon and putting stents) for patients who suffer from angina or heart attack.
B. Procedures to fix heart valves, (either dilating narrowed valves, or narrowing a dilated valve, or even replacing a totally damaged valves)
C. Procedures to fix a congenital heart defects, (mainly to close holes inside the heart with devices and also to dilate narrowed valves and vessels).
4. What re the percentage of heart conditions which are currently treated by these procedures?
• About 70-80% of the heart diseased conditions can be treated with these non-surgical procedures.
DR. YAHYA KIWAN
Consultant Interventional Cardiology
Dr. Sulaiman Al Habib Hospital- DHCC, 044297777
Zayed Sports tournament will give ladies all over the UAE a chance to enjoy a variety of sports, develop their athletic skills, and win valuable prizes.
Varicose veins – those bulging, twisted red or blue veins that sometimes appear on the legs and feet – may look ugly but nonetheless harmless. The fact is that they can lead to dangerous complications if left untreated.
A number of cancer patients including children of various age groups in Tawam Hospital in Al Ain were visited by Sheikh Dr Saeed Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan and prominent philanthropists and Ambassador of Hope and Happiness Rawd Abdul Kader to share some quality time with them as part of their commitment towards the ‘Year of Tolerance’.
"Women smokers who get married end up divorced because they are not accepted by their in-laws," Member National Assembly (MNA), Nausheen Hamid, said at a session on the use of tobacco in Islamabad.
Skincare and makeup have always been perceived to be at odds. But new trends are now responding to the skincare enthusiasts demand for multi-functional makeup that doesnt strip the skin of moisture and leave it high and dry.
The winter comes with its own set of hassles. New moms have to be careful because they have to take care of themselves and their babies. It becomes imperative to protect babies from the harsh season.
When the chilly winter winds shake the leaves from the trees, and the temperatures start to plummet, Malta offers a perfect winter getaway that rewards you with almost guaranteed sunshine and an average temperature around 14-16 degrees celsius.