The all-day breakfast eatery Eggspectation's limited edition Khameer Pancakes have specially been crafted for UAE's 48th National Day celebrations.
Ever thought about saffron, dates and other Emirati flavours all rolled into one unique and memorable pancake?
In celebration of the UAE National Day, Eggspectation’s Chef Rohan Ariyasena has lent a fun spin to local khameer bread by blending it with the brand’s signature pancakes, creating in the process, limited edition Khameer Pancakes.
Emirati khameer bread, extremely popular across the UAE, is typically made from yeast, flour and powdered milk and then baked to golden-brown perfection.
It is sprinkled with sesame seeds and sampled with a side of cheese or honey.
Keeping the original ingredients intact, Chef Rohan has carefully put together a special recipe that brings out the soft and sweet taste of khameer and the fluffy texture of Eggspectation’s pancakes.
And the best part is, the recipe to this pièce de résistance is a secret no longer.
So put your chef hat on, and dive into the deliciousness of these supple pancakes, made even sweeter by their Emirati essence.
Prep time: 8 minutes
Rest time: 30 minutes in the refrigerator
Cook time: 3 minutes
785g refined flour
750ml full fat milk or butter milk
3 tablespoons baking powder
12 large eggs
300g softened butter
350g caster sugar
2g ground saffron
¼ teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons sesame seeds
8 teaspoons butter (one teaspoon per pancake for cooking)
16 tablespoons date syrup
1. Whisk the eggs in a pastry bowl using a wire whisk with caster sugar for two minutes.
2. Stir ground saffron into milk until completely dissolved; then add into creamy eggs and sugar mix. Continue to whisk for one minute.
3. Combine refined flour and baking powder in a separate bowl and mix well. Then add into the liquid mix. Continue to whisk till tiny lumps appear.
4. Then add softened butter, whisk for a minute and leave it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
5. In a medium heated ceramic coated non-stick pan, place one teaspoon butter and sesame seeds; then place 50ml pancake batter over sesame seeds using a small, round ladle and sprinkle sesame seeds over. Leave it to cook for one minute or until bubbles appear. Then flip the pancake and cook for one minute.
6. When the pancake is cooked, remove and place in a plate drizzled with date syrup and serve.
1. To make a wobbly and fluffy pancake, reduce the number of eggs to six large eggs and whisk 12 egg whites separately and combine with a spatula.
2. If you like to have fried cakes, fry each 50ml pancake batter ball in a deep fryer under 170°C temperature.
President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan has sent a message of congratulations to President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa of Portugal on the occasion of his country's National Day,
The ruling comes less than three months after Felix Dorfin, 35, was handed a capital sentence following his arrest last year at the airport on the holiday island next to Bali,
President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan has sent a message of congratulations to Ueli Maurer, President of the Swiss Confederation, on the occasion of his country's National Day,
Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid, and Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed dispatched similar messages to Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdul Aziz, the Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defence of Saudi Arabia.
Historically, this dessert became popular in the UAE amongst the pearl divers because it is very durable and can last long during their trips.
Supermodel Naomi Campbell said Monday that the fashion industry must start "enforcing inclusion" on the catwalk and beyond.
French couture house Christian Dior upended its traditional catwalk show on Monday, presenting its intricate designs on miniature mannequins in a twist brought on by the coronavirus pandemic.