Khorfakkan beat Ajman, 10-man Al Ain edge Al Nasr - GulfToday

Khorfakkan beat Ajman, 10-man Al Ain edge Al Nasr


Al Ain and Al Nasr players in action during their AGL match at Al Maktoum Stadium on Friday.

Gulf Today, Staff Reporter

Khorfakkan defeated Ajman 2-1 at Rashid bin Saeed Stadium in matchweek 10 of the Arabian Gulf League on Friday night.

Both teams had to complete the game with 10 men each, as Ajman’s Abdulrahman Rakan was sent off in the 72nd minute and Khorfakkan’s Abdulazeiz Esmaeil was sent off three minutes later.

The first goal came in the fifth minute when Ramon Lopes found Amir Mubarak’s pass inside the penalty area and fired home.

Lopes came close to doubling Khorfakkan’s lead in the 16th minute but his effort went over the bar.

Khorfakkan goalkeeper Mohamed Yousef blocked an attempt from Ajman in the 20th minute.

Lopes then completed his brace in the 22nd minute after sending a powerful shot from outside the area. Lopes came close to completing his hat-trick in the 51st minute after he fired a shot from outside the area but was blocked by Ali Mohamed.

In the 55th minute, Bobker Trawally missed a chance to open the scoring for Ajman. He then reduced the deficit in the 77th minute from the spot.
Khorfakkan raised their tally to eight points, while Ajman remained on three points points.

AL AIN BEAT AL NASR 2-1: Al Ain returned to winning ways as they defeated Al Nasr 2-1 at Al Maktoum Stadium in another late matchweek 10 game of the Arabian Gulf League on Friday.

The first chance of the game came early in the match, when in the sixth minute Al Nasr captain Mohamed Abdelrahman fired a shot from outside the penalty area but which was blocked by Al Nasr keeper Ahmed Shambih.

Al Ain keeper Khaled Eisa pulled off a good save to deny Diaa Saba in the 12th minute, before denying him once more in the 18th minute of the half.
After reviewing the VAR, Al Ain’s Bandar Al Ahbabi was sent off following a rough challenge against Al Nasr player in the 23rd minute.

Despite being one man down, Al Ain opened the scoring in the 37th minute when Salem Abdulla passed the ball to Mohamed Abdelrahman, before Mohamed Ali Ayed converted the ball into his own net to hand the Boss a 1-0 lead.

Al Ain doubled their lead in the 57th minute when Rafael Pereira converted home off a good cross from Caio Canedo.

Al Nasr reduced the deficit 20 minutes from time, when defender Tsukasa Shiotani scored an own goal into his side’s net.

Al Nasr came close to scoring the equaliser in the dying minutes of the game after Brandley Kuwas fired a backward shot in the penalty area but was blocked by Eisa.

Al Ain now raised their tally to 18 points, while Al Nasr remained with 20 points.

Related articles