Inter Milan coach Antonio Conte gestures to the media. File photo
Inter Milan coach Antonio Conte on Saturday dismissed talk of a reported move by the Chinese-owned Italian club for Barcelona star Lionel Messi.
"We're talking fantasy football, a situation that cannot be approached at Inter for many reasons," Conte said after Inter beat Genoa 3-0 to move second in Serie A.
Barcelona star Lionel Messi poses for a photograph after scoring a goal. File photo
Six-time Ballon d'Or winner Messi, 33, has spent his entire professional career at Barcelona with his contract due to expire in 2021.
"I don't think there is a madman in the world who does not want Messi, but he is really far from us and what we want to build," added the former Juventus and Chelsea coach.
Inter CEO Giuseppe Marotta also brushed aside talk that the northern side wanted Messi to rival Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo.
"Leo is not our goal and I don't think he wants to leave Barcelona," said Marotta.
Conte, meanwhile, said he hoped that the club could reach agreement with Manchester United concerning on-loan forward Alexis Sanchez, so that he could play the Europa League with Inter.
Sanchez, sidelined for months with a knee injury, scored on Saturday with his former United teammate Romelu Lukaku getting a brace.
"I hope that the club can resolve the situation because so far, Alexis hasn't been available much," said Conte. "To have a quality alternative in attack would be vital for us."Agence France-Presse
Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez might be the deadliest attack in Europe but Barcelona’s success in the Champions League could rest on their increasingly mean defence.
Inter Milan on Friday announced the appointment of former Italy manager Antonio Conte as coach with the ambition of returning to the top of world football. The 49-year-old has signed a three-year contract worth
The 32-year-old Barcelona star, who infamously quit international football after Argentina's defeat in the 2016 Copa America Centenario final, said he had no plans to hang up his boots after a 2-0 semi-final loss to Brazil.
In a series of videos and photos Sheikh Hamdan wrote on Instagram, “No excuse” on the video and carried on with his pals on the trip.
The Emirati clocked a timing of 51:50 seconds in the third round of the competition. The event had nine rounds in total where 70 swimmers were in action. The top 16 advanced to the semi-finals while the best eight managed to find their way to the final, which will take place on Wednesday.
An expanded list of the probables for the Serbia camp, to be held from Aug.6-13, was announced by the UAE FA on their social media platform. The final list will be announced three days prior to the departure.