World Champion and current leader Mercedes' British driver Lewis Hamilton will restart his bid for another title when the F1 returns to action. Reuters
The curtailed Formula One season will start with two races behind closed doors in Austria on July 5 and July 12 followed by six other grands prix in Europe, the organisers said on Tuesday.
Formula One said it hoped to have between 15 and 18 races in total, with the season being completed in December.
The F1 season was thrown into chaos with the cancellation of the traditional curtain-raising Australian Grand Prix in March only hours before practice was due to begin as the coronavirus pandemic spread across the world.
Last week, the Austrian government sanctioned the season-opening double-header at the Spielberg circuit after F1 organisers "presented a complete and professional plan" to combat the COVID-19 outbreak.
The Hungarian Grand Prix will be brought forward to July 19 before a two-week break, followed by consecutive races in Britain and events in Spain, Italy and Belgium. All will likely be run without spectators while participants must adhere to strict safety protocols.
Regular health tests will be conducted with the number of team members and race staff at the venue also reduced.
"While we currently expect the season to commence without fans at our races we hope that over the coming months the situation will allow us to welcome them back once it is safe to do," said F1 chief executive Chase Carey.
"But we know the return of Formula 1 will be a welcome boost to sports fans around the world."
F1 managing director Ross Brawn last month said the Red Bull Ring circuit's remote location made it a "logical" choice to stage the season's first two races.
With a local airport, the races can be held in an isolated environment, essential in the fight against the pandemic that has killed less than 700 people in Austria, and more than over 375,000 worldwide.
"Red Bull have pulled out all the stops to get the Austrian Grand Prix up and running, in order to support a safe start to the Formula One season," said team principal Christian Horner.
"It has been a huge effort by all involved and the two events at the Red Bull Ring will be a blueprint for all other races to follow.
He added: "With the first eight races of the calendar now confirmed we have some positive momentum. As a race team and racers, we are excited to get going again and put on a show for our fans."
Silverstone will host two races in Britain on Aug.2 and 9, with the Spanish Grand Prix set for Barcelona on Aug.16.
The Belgian and Italian Grands Prix will take place on their original dates of August 30 and September 6, completing the European part of the season. Each event will also include the Formula 2 and Formula 3 categories.
The blueprint for the rehashed season features further races in Asia and the Americas in September, October and November before finishing in the Gulf in Bahrain and Abu Dhabi in December.
The 2020 season was to have featured a record 22 races, now it is set to be the shortest campaign since 2009 with races in Australia, Monaco, France and the Netherlands cancelled.
MotoGP is also expected to release an updated schedule shortly. The first 11 races of the season have been either postponed or cancelled due to the global health crisis.
MotoGP organisers Dorna are awaiting Spanish government approval to start the truncated season with back-to-back races at the Jerez circuit in Spain on July 19 and 26.
Meanwhile, Formula One drivers followed Lewis Hamilton's lead on Monday after the six-times world champion criticised his sport's silence over the killing of George Floyd, an unarmed black man who died after a white US police officer knelt on his neck.
The death in Minneapolis triggered a wave of outrage and violent protests in the United States.
Britain's Hamilton, Formula One's first black world champion who spends much of his time in America, spoke out on Instagram on Sunday.
"I see those of you who are staying silent, some of you the biggest of stars yet you stay silent in the midst of injustice," wrote the Mercedes driver.
"Not a sign from anybody in my industry which of course is a white dominated sport. I’m one of the only people of colour there yet I stand alone," he added.
"I would have thought by now you would see why this happens and say something about it but you can’t stand alongside us. Just know I know who you... are and I see you."
In a second post, Hamilton added: "I do not stand with those looting and burning buildings but those who are protesting peacefully. There can be no peace until our so called leaders make change."
Mercedes retweeted the latter comment and issued a statement assuring Hamilton that they stood with him.
"Tolerance is an elementary principle of our team and we are enriched by diversity in all its forms," it added, condemning any discrimination.
Renault's Daniel Ricciardo said Floyd's death was "a disgrace".
"Racism is toxic and needs to be addressed not with violence or silence but with unity and action," the Australian wrote on Instagram.
Ferrari's Charles Leclerc said on Twitter he had felt "out of place and uncomfortable" sharing his thoughts on social media about the situation but realised he had been "completely wrong".
"I still struggle to find the words to describe the atrocity of some videos I've seen on Internet. Racism needs to be met with actions, not silence," added the Monegasque.
Williams driver George Russell echoed Leclerc's words and said it was time to kick racism out.
"We all have a voice to speak up for what’s right -- and until now I didn’t know how to use mine in this situation," said the Briton.
"Ultimately, no matter how uncomfortable it may be to speak out, silence achieves nothing."
McLaren's Carlos Sainz and Lando Norris also spoke out while Racing Point's Sergio Perez tweeted the #blacklivesmatter hashtag and Alfa Romeo's Antonio Giovinazzi called for #JusticeForFloyd.
There have been several nights of unrest over race and policing in many U.S. cities as a series of curfews failed to quell confrontations between some protesters and police.
Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin was charged last Friday with third-degree murder in the death of 46-year-old Floyd.
Championship leader Lewis Hamilton has defended his victory in the British Grand Prix, saying the triumph was down to strategy rather than a favourable Safety Car intervention.
An air of unrest and uncertainty hangs over Formula One as the global motor racing bandwagon flies to Melbourne for the start of the 71st championship season
Ferrari Formula One boss Mattia Binotto on Tuesday urged his team to “put a smile on people’s faces” at the Australian Grand Prix as Italy went into lockdown to combat coronavirus.
Jones played 52 Tests for Australia, amassing 3,631 runs at 46.55 with 11 centuries and 14 fifties. In 164 ODIs, Jones scored 6,068 runs at 44.61 with seven tons and 46 fifties.
According to leading neurosurgeon Erich Riederer said the seven-time Formula One champion is ‘awake but not responding’.
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) will look to extend their winning streak when they take on Kings XI Punjab in their second match of the Indian Premier League (IPL) in Dubai on Thursday.