Rohit Sharma plays a shot against South Africa during day two of the third Test in Ranchi on Sunday. AFP
Rohit Sharma struck his maiden double century in Test cricket while Ajinkya Rahane ended his three-year wait for a Test ton at home as India declared on 497/9 and reduced South Africa to 9/2 before bad light brought an early end to the second day’s play in the third Test against South Africa in Ranchi on Sunday.
Rohit described his maiden Test double century as “most challenging” after he lifted India out of early trouble and put the hosts in command of the match. After the Rohit-Rahane show, Ravindra Jadeja hit a composed half-century while Umesh Yadav smashed a whirlwind 10-ball 31 to swell India’s first innings total.
South Africa 1st innings
D Elgar c Saha b Shami 0
Q de Kock c Saha b Yadav 4
Z Hamza not out 0
F du Plessis not out 1
Total (2 wickets, 5 overs) 9
Fall of wickets: 1-4, 2-8
Bowling: Shami 1-1-0-1, Yadav 1-0-4-1, Nadeem 2-2-0-0, Jadeja 1-0-1-0
Former South African swashbuckling batsman Hashim Amla, who called it quits earlier this year, ruled out rolling back his decision for return to the national team. After the latest drubbing
Shahbaz Nadeem took the final two wickets in straight balls as India thrashed South Africa by an innings and 202 runs in the third Test on Tuesday to complete a 3-0 series rout.
Waqar shares a meaningful note to define the sportsmanship of the champions after India suffered their first defeat of this World Cup against the hosts
Simon Halep is trying to look on the bright side regarding the suspension of the tennis season due to the coronavirus pandemic, which means at least she will be referred to as reigning Wimbledon champion for two years.
Neymar has donated $1 million to fight the impact of the new coronavirus in his native Brazil, according to TV network SBT. The Paris Saint-Germain star, the world’s third-highest-paid footballer,
Former Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov said that the 2019-20 Premier League title should be awarded to arch-rivals Liverpool if the season cannot get underway.
Serie A bosses said on Friday that doubts remain over when football can return to Italy as the country battles the coronavirus pandemic. All sport in Italy is suspended until at least April 13 as a result of COVID-19, which has killed nearly 15,000 people in the country.