Cristiano Ronaldo had been accused by Kathryn Mayorga of sexual assault.
Portugal star striker Cristiano Ronaldo will not face rape charges, US prosecutors have announced.
The Juventus and Portugal forward had been accused by Kathryn Mayorga of sexual assault in a Las Vegas hotel in 2009.
However, Las Vegas prosecutors said that the claims could not "be proven beyond reasonable doubt", reports Xinhua news agency.
Mayorga claimed to have reached an out of court settlement with the star in 2010, and revealed that she had chosen to speak out against Ronaldo after being inspired by the #MeToo movement.
The settlement, which compelled Mayorga to anonymity, involved a payment of $375,000.
Vegas police began investigating the allegation in August 2018 at the request of Mayorga, but decided to drop the investigation "upon a review of information at this time."
Indo-Asian News Service
European football's governing body said Ronaldo was facing charges of "improper conduct" after he mimicked Diego Simeone's crotch-grabbing 'cojones' gesture in last Tuesday's 3-0 win that sent Juventus through 3-2 on aggregate.
Lionel Messi finished with a bloody nose and swollen cheek but Barcelona left unscathed, with one foot in the semi-finals and Manchester United hoping for another Champions League miracle.
Juventus clinched their eighth consecutive Serie A title on Saturday with a come-from-behind 2-1 win over Fiorentina.
Amid the coronavirus pandemic which has brought the sporting calendar to a grinding halt, tennis star Roger Federer is trying whatever he can to remain in touch with the sport and hone his skills.
'Steve was more of a match saver than a match-winner,' Warner said about Waugh whom he included in his all-time Australian Test XI to be led by Allan Border.
Brazilian footballer has denied suggestions that he ignored social distancing guidelines amid the coronavirus outbreak by playing footvolley with friends at his mansion near Rio de Janeiro.