Karachi Kings are through to the play-offs after beating Quetta Gladiators by 14 runs in do-or-die last league match as they defended the 177-run target in match number 29 of the sixth edition of the Pakistan Super League
Batting first, the Qalandars had scored 204/5 in 20 overs but Roy’s sublime innings, which was studded of 11 boundaries fours and 8 sixes, took the match away from them.
Batting first, Zalmi posted a total of 185 runs for the loss of seven wickets. Chasing the target, Gladiators managed to reach only 161/8 in their allotted 20 overs.
The 41-year-old Afridi was in visible pain at times but took three wickets in three PSL games for Quetta Gladiators, including the most expensive figures in the history of the PSL when he took 1-67 against two-time champion Islamabad United.
Shaheen Shah Afridi dealt two early blows and Fakhar Zaman continued his rich run of batting form as Lahore Qalandars inflicted a crushing eight-wicket defeat on Quetta Gladiators in the Pakistan Super League on Sunday.
Led by captain Mohammad Rizwan’s (83 not out) fifth half-century this season and a whopping 71 off just 26 balls from Rilee Rossouw, Multan racked up 245-3 after Rizwan had won the toss and opted to bat first.
The PCB claimed that Faulkner, before his departure, had caused deliberate damage to property at the hotel he was staying at and that the board had to pay for the damages.
The PCB said it paid 70% of Faulkner's contract to his British bank account in December and that "the receipt of this payment was acknowledged by Mr Faulkner.” The remaining 30% is transferred to players’ accounts within 40 days after the PSL ends.
Karachi Kings became the first team in the history of Pakistan’s premier Twenty20 league to finish with just one win as the 2020 champion lost nine of its 10 games.