In a statement, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperationreiterated its firm position on the need to provide full protection for Al Aqsa Mosque and halt serious and provocative violations taking place there.
The fierce clashes broke out on Friday between anti-settlement protesters and Israeli soldiers in the villages of Beita, Beit Dajan, and Kafr Qaddum. The protesters burned tires and threw stones at the Israeli soldiers stationed on the perimeters of the villages, they said.
The ministry statement did not provide full names for any of the condemned men. It said three had been convicted of murder. The two convicted spies, aged 44 and 54, had given Israel information that led to the killing of Palestinians, it said.
The Palestinian health ministry and Israel's border police both confirmed three deaths. The border police said the dead were "armed terrorists who were... killed during clashes with the security forces".
Israel has publicly called for a joint investigation into the killing and asked Palestinian authorities to hand over the bullet that struck Abu Akleh for forensic examination.
The Israeli army said it was carrying out an operation in Nablus, in the occupied West Bank, without immediately commenting on the Palestinian report of casualties.
Among the injured were three shot by live ammunition and nine by rubber bullets, while the others inhaled teargas fired by Israeli soldiers, the Palestinian Red Crescent Society said in a statement on Friday.
The Palestinian health ministry announced the killing of "two citizens by occupation (Israeli) bullets in Jenin", as Israeli troops carried out an arrest in the flashpoint northern city.
"As a result of the efforts of the security forces and in coordination with the Palestinian authorities, the body of an Israeli man killed in a car accident in Jenin on Tuesday was transferred to his family in Israel," the Israeli army said in a statement.