VIDEO: Indian boy, 10, rescued after being trapped in 80-foot well for over 100 hours - GulfToday

VIDEO: Indian boy, 10, rescued after being trapped in 80-foot well for over 100 hours


Rescue workers at the accident site in Chhattisgarh. File

Gulf Today Report

The Indian relief teams rescued a 10-year-old deaf and mute boy who was stuck in a well for four days in central India, according to the local authorities.

The child, known as Rahul Sahu, fell on Friday into a very narrow well with a depth of 24 metres (80-foot) when he was playing next to his family's house in the central state of Chhattisgarh, which brought to mind the incident of the Moroccan child "Ryan."

Chhattisgarh’s Chief Minister, Bhupesh Baghel tweeted that the boy had been taken out of the well unharmed.

Sahu "has been rescued safely because of everyone's prayers and untiring efforts of the rescue team," state chief minister Bhupesh Baghel said on Twitter. 

Local administration chief Jitendra Shukla told reporters that Rahul Sahu was alive but has become thin and was taken to a hospital in the vicinity.

Rahul Sahu breathes with the help of an oxygen mask.

Shukla added that a snake was spotted in the well, but the boy showed exceptional courage and remained calm during the rescue.

Authorities mentioned that the relief teams used earth-moving machines and cranes. They also dug a tunnel parallel to the well with the help of a group of soldiers.

The local authorities also indicated that bad weather conditions, snakes, scorpions and very hard rocks, impeded the drilling operations and delayed the rescue efforts.

Janjgir district police chief Vijay Agrawal said that teams used cameras to monitor the boy's condition and movements during the rescue operation.

It is worth noting that similar incidents were recorded in Indian villages, the victims of which were children.

In 2019, a two-year-old child died after being stuck for four days in a well in the state of Punjab.

In the same year, a one and a half years old child, was pulled from a well in Haryana after being stuck inside for two days.

Related articles