Sheikh Mohammed with some of the winners of the Dubai Government Excellence Awards during the ceremony on Thursday. WAM
Sheikh Mohammed said: "Innovation within the government sector will play a crucial role in the future. The UAE and Dubai have indeed spearheaded creativity and excellence, and while we have come a long way, we must continue to innovate new approaches to further positively transform the way the government operates."
"The pandemic has truly shed a light on the level of efficiency of our government and its agility in dealing with changes as they arise, as a result of the mechanisms that were put in place, which have raised our readiness to respond quickly to challenges. Our presence today reaffirms our commitment to maintaining and further consolidating the values of innovation, excellence and creativity as we move towards a brighter future, which will open up new creative opportunities," His Highness added.
Sheikh Mohammed, Sheikh Hamdan and Sheikh Maktoum during the ceremony. WAM
Sheikh Mohammed awarded the distinguished innovators in the Government of the Dubai based on the results of the evaluation cycle of the Dubai Government Excellence Programme under various categories at the institutional and functional levels, in the presence of Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of The Executive Council, and Sheikh Maktoum Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance, and the executive leadership of the participating government entities.
Sheikh Mohammed congratulated the DGEP award winners and praised their efforts in setting an example for excellence in their fields and urged them to continue supporting their colleagues in strengthening their performance and capabilities. He added: "I would like to thank you for your dedication and commitment in defining new standards for future governments. You are the pillar on which we build our future, and with your support, the Government of Dubai will remain a beacon of excellence and creativity."
During the ceremony, the results of the 2021 evaluation cycle were announced, highlighting government entities that maintained their standards of excellence and those that made leaps to reach the Elite level.
Winners of the Dubai Government Excellence Programme:
Dubai Excellence Medals.
* Dubai Medal for Innovative Employee: Bassam Hassan Mahboub from Dubai Health Authority
* Dubai Medal for Supervisory Employee: Ahmed Obaid Al Muhairi of Dubai Police
* Dubai Medal for Young Employee: Aisha Mohammed Al Rumaithi from Dubai Electricity and Water Authority
* Dubai Medal for ‘Customer Happiness’ Employee: Rashid Mohammed Karmostaji from the Department of Economy and Tourism in Dubai
* Dubai Medal for Field Employee: Haifa Abdullah Al Ali from the Roads and Transport Authority
* Dubai Medal for Administrative Employee: Zainab Ali Al Balushi from Dubai Courts
* Dubai Medal for Specialised Employee: Aisha Abdullah Al Nuaimi from Dubai Electricity and Water Authority
* Dubai Medal for Assistant Director General/CEO: Sa’ed Mohammed Al Awadi from the Department of Economy and Tourism in Dubai
* Best ‘People of Determination’ Friendly Entity: Dubai Police General Command
* Best Entity in Emiratisation: Dubai Electricity and Water Authority
Institutional Awards for leading government entities and its affiliated categories - based on the main criteria:
* Best Entity in Service Provision: Dubai Airports
* Best Entity in Digital Government: Public Prosecution Dubai
* Happiest Work Environment: Dubai Courts
* The winner of the Best Entity Achieving Dubai Plan 2021, Best Entity in Efficiency and Governance, and the grand award Leading Government Entity is the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs
The group of government entities that won the Elite Award by scoring 600 points or more, achieving global leadership standards and maintaining their positions as the elite of the Dubai government, include (no order implied):
* Roads and Transport Authority
* Dubai Customs
* Dubai Police
* Dubai Electricity and Water Authority
The Unknown Soldiers
Mal Allah Abdullah Al Hammadi
Habib Yasin Balushi
Dubai Corporation for Ambulance Services
Hayat Hassan Al Jaber
Public Prosecution Dubai
Ahmed Mohamed Mohamed
Directorate General of Civil Defence Dubai
Yousef Mohammed Sultan
Dubai Statistics Centre
Ahmad Mohammed Al-Hashimi
Islamic Affairs & Charitable Activities Department
Abdullah Hassan Al Bisher
Dubai Health Authority
Ali Hassan Al Blushi
Roads and Transport Authority
Ali AbdulKarim Abdullah
Ramadan Hassan Al Rouabi
Dubai Department of Economy and Tourism
Mohamed Hassan Abdullah Al Balushi
Dubai Culture & Arts Authority
Hussein Shahi Taheri
Department of Finance
Abdulhaq Nour Ahmad
Ahmed Butti Ben Ashour
The results of the evaluation included the advancement of 6 government entities from the basic level to the excellence level by achieving 450 points or above, including:
* Islamic Affairs & Charitable Activities Department
* Dubai Statistics Centre
* Dubai Corporation for Ambulance Services
* Dubai Civil Aviation Authority
* Dubai Air Navigation Services
* Department of Finance
* The Supreme Committee for Emergency, Crisis and Disaster Management - for optimally handling COVID-19 crisis, overcoming its consequences, and managing to resume normal life in a record period
* COVID-19 Command and Control Centre - for combating the Coronavirus in Dubai and ensuring the operation of social and economic processes during the pandemic
*Reem Al Hashimy - for her continuous efforts over the past 8 years to organise the world-class Expo 2020 Dubai
* Sami Al Qamzi - for his efforts and contributions to support economic development in Dubai in his role in the Government of Dubai
*Abdulla Al Shaibani - for his dedication to the Government of Dubai for many years
*Dr Ahmed Al Nuseirat - for promoting the concept of excellence in the Government of Dubai
*Professor Mohamed Zairi, head of the jury in the program award - for his unparalleled expertise in the field of global excellence. The award given posthumously was received by his son, Dr Adel Zairi.
The award is presented annually to honour individuals and organisations that promote peace, equality and social justice. This year, its focus was environmental sustainability.
The Digital School initiative will help lift the school’s goals by offering unprecedented exceptional support for its mission to design a world-class advanced digital education system in accordance with the specificity of the countries and communities concerned ...
Sheikh Mohammed said, "Today, I attended the Arabic Language Summit, organised by the UAE Ministry of Culture and Youth, at Expo 2020 Dubai, accompanied by the Secretary-General of the Arab League and Arab ministers of culture. The Arabic language is a language of beauty, culture, and civilisation and one summit is certainly not enough.
Passenger buses are frequently crammed to capacity and seatbelts are not commonly worn, meaning high death tolls from single vehicle accidents are common.
"These policies are a result of the Israeli occupation government's evasion of its commitment to implement the signed peace agreements and its violation of international resolutions," Xinhua News Agency reported quoting the statement.
The fatal victims, two men and a woman, have not been identified, and the injured were taken to the hospital in critical condition, reported KABC-TV, the West Coast flagship station of the ABC television network.