Restaurant shut down over food safety - GulfToday

Restaurant shut down over food safety

Photo has been used for illustrative purpose.

Gulf Today, Staff Reporter

The Abu Dhabi Agriculture and Food Safety Authority (ADAFSA) issued a decision administratively shutting down “Al Madad Refreshments” on Al Salam Street in Abu Dhabi, which holds trade license number CN-1030302, for violating Law No 2 of 2008 regarding food safety in Abu Dhabi.

The ADAFSA explained that the food control report stated that the closure decision came as a result of the establishment’s failure to meet the food safety requirements, including among others keeping cooked and ready-to-eat food at an inappropriate temperature, using improperly cleaned equipment, leaving ready-to-eat foods exposed and keeping floors in preparation area inappropriately clean.

Despite successive inspection of the establishment, the inspectors’ observations related to food health and safety requirements were not responded to.

The inspectors issued three fines against the establishment and warned it of administrative closure, but the owners did not bother to fulfill the requirements. The ADAFSA confirmed that the administrative closure order would remain in effect until the establishment responded to the demands.

It called on the public to communicate with it and report any food violations by calling the Government of Abu Dhabi’s toll free number 800555, enabling the inspectors to take the necessary measures for the ultimate aim of providing safe food to all Abu Dhabi inhabitants.

Recently, the ADAFSA had shut down a hypermarket for violating standard safety protocols.

The authority’s decision to close Rishee’s The New Gen Hypermarket LLC in Abu Dhabi came as a result of non-compliance with the cleanliness of the facility in general.

Authorities found dirty equipment, tools and reservation areas in particular.

The hypermarket failed to close sewage openings and maintain cracked floors that made it difficult to clean due to the accumulation of dirt.

It was also found that the hypermarket was not storing the foodstuff in a hygienic manner.

The authorities also detected the presence of insects inside the hypermarket.

The hypermarket was issued three warnings, but failed to take any corrective steps.

Related articles