Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
Gulf Today, Staff Reporter
His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE, approved the new federal government cabinet on Saturday.
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum announced the new government strategic approach that will lay the foundations of work for the next 50 years.
Sheikh Mohammed said on Twitter, “Following discussions with Mohamed Bin Zayed and directives of the UAE President, we announce a new UAE cabinet and a new government strategic approach that will lay the foundations of work for the next 50 years.”
Sheikh Mohammed also announced the new government strategic approach that will lay the foundations of work for the next 50 years.
The new government strategic approach includes five pillars:
1. The government work will be led by major transformative projects and not just long-term strategic plans.
2. The next cycles of change will be flexible and fast (between six months to two years), unlike the previous strategic cycles which used to last five to 10 years.
3. Priorities for sectors will be determined and followed by identifying clear transformative projects. Ministerial teams will be created to implement these projects and there will be reliance on national talents who have deep understanding of the field and the mechanism of change in determining the new government's priorities.
4. There will be a shift from individual responsibility of ministries to shared responsibility among the field teams. Performance contracts will be signed with these teams to implement projects. Under the supervision of the Cabinet.
5. There will be incentives and promotions based on performances of the field teams and their ability to implement the projects set by the Cabinet.
The 10-year comprehensive strategy aims to empower and expand the industrial sector to become the driving force of a sustainable national economy, increasing its contribution to the GDP from the current Dhs133 billion to Dhs300 billion by 2031.
Dr Anwar Bin Mohammed Gargash appointed as diplomatic advisor to the UAE President and Zaki Anwar Nusseibeh as cultural advisor to the UAE President.
Sheikh Mohammed appointed Hamad Mubarak Al Shamsi, the former secretary general of the Supreme Petroleum Council in 2014, as a state minister, and Khalifa Saeed Sulaiman as chairman of protocols for the Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE, which has a ministerial ranking.
The Cabinet, under the chairmanship of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, has approved a Resolution that obliges residential homeowners to install fire detector devices and subscribe to the Civil Defence e-system.
Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah His Highness Dr Sheikh Sultan Bin Mohammed Al Qasimi ordered a waterline project to be initiated from Khorfakkan to Shees.
A visiting Israeli aerospace veteran believes more discoveries in the great outer space, beneficial to mankind and which would also generate employment, is attainable if governments join forces together.
The Traffic and Patrols Department at Ras Al Khaimah Police’s General Directorate of Central Operations has announced a ban on heavy-duty trucks on the emirate’s internal roads and highways in two morning and evening periods, effective from Sunday.
Congress state President Nana Patole said that the new evidence like demands of Rs250m bribe to release Aryan Khan, has raised "big questions on the role of NCB" and sought a high-level enquiry into the matter.