Photo used for illustrative purpose.
Sohaila Ahmed, Staff Reporter
Two Asians were prosecuted by the Dubai Public Prosecution on forgery and robbery charges, after forging official documents to steal a school bus and sell it for Dhs34,000.
The incident dates back to last February, when a report was filed by the victim company, stating that the school bus had been stolen and its GPS shows that it is located at a car showroom in Sharjah.
Dubai Police investigations were carried out and a tip-off had lead them to the involvement of the two defendants. Soon after, the accused were ambushed and placed under arrest.
During interrogations, the duo admitted to committing the robbery with the help of other runaway accomplices, after noticing that the bus was an easy target as it was parked for a long period with no supervision.
It was found out that the defendants had forged vehicle registration documents in order to steal the school bus and sell it in another emirate.
The bus was sold to a car showroom in Sharjah where the defendants’ friend was working. Additionally, the accused managed to embezzle Dhs34,000 in return for selling the stolen bus.
The defendants were prosecuted and referred to criminal court to receive maximum legal punishment.
The case dates back to last October, when the two victims filed a robbery report, pointing out that they were assigned by their company to cash a Dhs4 million cheque and had headed out to a bank in Sheikh Zayed Road.
The incident date back to last August, when the defendant decided to take advantage of the time when the victim was busy with her kids, and rob the place of whatever she can take.
The incident occurred during March this year, when the 28-year-old Asian victim showed up at the police station to report about an African gang who lured and attacked him at an apartment in Dubai.
In their first detailed briefing on the crash, Indian Railways officials said that failure of the track management system was the main focus of investigations.
The finding has further puzzled the police because the couple did not have any past medical history of heart problems yet they suffered heart attack at the same time.
"In southern Khartoum we are living in terror of violent bombardment, the sound of anti-aircraft guns and power cuts," said 34-year-old resident Sara Hassan by phone. "We are in real hell."
The death toll from Friday's crash was revised down from 288 after it was found that some bodies had been counted twice, said Pradeep Jena. The tally was unlikely to rise, he told reporters. "Now the rescue operation is complete."