Photo used for illustrative purpose.
Gulf Today Report
Saudi Arabia said that entry to the kingdom by sea land and air will be resumed starting on Sunday after a ban that lasted two weeks amid fears of a new coronavirus variant, the state news agency reported.
A Ministry of Interior official said that there were some restrictions, including asking people coming from countries where the new variant spread, such as the UK, South Africa and others, to stay at least 14 days out of these countries before entering the Kingdom.
For non-citizens coming from the UK and South Africa wishing to enter the Kingdom, and from any other country being specified by the Ministry of Health, in which the mutated coronavirus is spread, these passengers shall be allowed provided they spend a period of no less than 14 days outside the country.
These passengers must also undergo a PCR test after the expiration of this period, to prove that they do not have COVID-19.
Citizens, who enter the Kingdom for humanitarian and urgent cases coming from countries where the mutated coronavirus is spread, shall be quarantined in their homes under observance for a period of 14 days. Two PCR examinations shall be carried out after arrival within no more than 48 hours and the second before ending the quarantine on the 13th day.
As for the countries in which cases of the strain were registered, passengers shall be quarantined in their homes under observance for a period of 7 days, with PCR examination, before the end of the quarantine period on the 6th day.Concerning the rest of other countries, the procedures currently followed shall be applied: 7 day mandatory home quarantine as a maximum or 3 days at least, with a mandatory laboratory examination using the PCR technology.
Some activities will remain banned, including weddings and corporate meetings. Social gatherings will continue to be limited to a maximum of 20 people, SPA said, citing an interior ministry source.
The Hajj, which begins on Wednesday, normally draws around 2.5 million people for five intense days of worship in one of the world's largest gatherings of people from around the world.
"Holding the ritual in the shadow of this pandemic... required reducing the numbers of pilgrims, but it obliged various official agencies to put in double efforts," 84-year-old King Salman said in a speech.
Turner posted pictures of collecting heaps of garbage during his morning trek on Margalla Hills in Islamabad on his Twitter handle while reminding people about their religious obligation.
An Egyptian owner of a bakery shop attacked his wife and six children with a knife after having Suhoor and stabbed them until they were all dead.
Nasheed, 53, was rushed to hospital after an explosion late Thursday. Since then he has undergone 16 hours of life-saving operations in the capital Male for injuries to his head, chest, abdomen and limbs.