Afghan security personnel inspect the site of a bombing attack in Kabul. AP
A suspected rickshaw bomb killed at least 15 civilians, including 11 children, on Friday at the Holy Quran recitation ceremony in central Afghanistan, officials said.
Initial information suggested that explosives were placed in a rickshaw in a district of Ghazni province, interior ministry spokesman Tariq Arian said. At least 20 people were wounded.
Most of the victims in Friday's attack were under 18 years old, Wahidullah Jumazada, spokesman for the provincial governor of Ghazni, said.
Killings by small, magnetic bombs placed under vehicles have unnerving Afghan officials, activists and journalists, who blame the Taliban for the attacks.
At least 10 government officials and aides have been killed by "sticky bombs" in recent weeks, mostly in the capital, Kabul.
Gunmen disguised as police attacked a hospital in the Afghan capital, Kabul, on Tuesday, killing 16 people including two newborn babies, their mothers from a maternity clinic run by the international humanitarian organisation Doctors Without Borders.
Deadly violence has been taking a heavy toll on civilians in Afghanistan despite the ongoing peace negotiations and that’s not acceptable. The UN Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) has in its latest report stated that more civilians were killed by Afghan and international coalition forces in the first half of this
Green Village is separate from the nearby Green Zone, a walled-off and heavily fortified part of Kabul that is home to several embassies including the US and British facilities.
It was a heartless and condemnable act of terrorism in Kabul in which several people died and many were injured (“Bomb targets Kabul University, several die,” July 20, Gulf Today). There should be an end to war and terrorism in Afghanistan. For many decades the innocent Afghan people are being victimised
According to the complainant’s statement, he said that he discovered the death of the victim on the morning of the incident, as a result of an injury which resulted from the suspect’s assault on him the evening before the incident.
Car owner filed a lawsuit in which he requested the court to obligate three people to pay him Dhs405,000, this being the price of the car they had stolen, plus Dhs100,000 as a compensation with a 12 per cent interest.
The United States said on Thursday there had been "serious violations of the ceasefire by both sides" and warned it would only be ready to mediate between the warring parties when they get "serious."