A US soldier stands at the Taji base complex which hosts Iraqi and US troops and is located thirty kilometres north of the capital Baghdad.
The Netherlands will pay compensation to a civilian survivor of a 2015 air strike on Iraq by Dutch forces fighting Daesh, the defence ministry said.
Basim Razzo, who lost his wife, daughter, brother and nephew in the attack by Dutch F-16s in Mosul in September 2015, will receive nearly one million euros, Dutch broadcaster NOS said.
Defence Minister Ank Bijleveld-Schouten said in a letter sent to parliament late on Tuesday that she had decided “to proceed with a voluntary offer of compensation for humanitarian reasons.”
The ministry wanted to compensate Razzo for the “enormous human suffering that was inflicted on him and the material damage he suffered,” she said.
Uncertainty and instability in Iraq has increased
Elite US Navy Seal goes on trial for Iraq war crimes
The payment did not mean that the Netherlands accepted responsibility for the incident, said Bijleveld-Schouten, adding that there had not been any “illegal use of force.”
The letter did not reveal the amount of compensation, partly at Razzo’s demand, she added.
The Dutch military said it had bombed a house were Daesh extremists were believed to be located but later said that the information had been incorrect and that it was a civilian dwelling.
Dozens of Iraqi civilians are seeking compensation in a separate case against the Netherlands over an air strike in Hawija in 2015 in which 70 people were killed.
The leader of the main opposition Labour Party, Jeremy Corbyn, also called for de-escalation, and urged Britain to "stand up to the belligerent actions and rhetoric coming from the United States."
Britain and Germany also suggested that Iran shared some blame for provoking the targeted killing that dramatically ratcheted up tensions in the Mideast.
There was no information what set off the crush. Online videos show people lying apparently lifeless, their faces covered by clothing.
Turkish jets and artillery struck targets belonging to the Kurdistan Workers’ Party, or PKK, and commando troops then crossed into the region by land or were airlifted by helicopters, Defence Minister said in a video posted on the ministry’s website.
The accident took place on Sunday evening between the towns of Sesto Calende and Arona, the BBC reported citing Italian news outlets. Italy's fire service said 19 people were safe but a search continued for the two missing persons.
Republicans have been seeking spending cuts in areas such as education and other social programmes in exchange for raising the $31.4tn debt limit. The proposed deal has now been published on the House website.
The governor of the Veneto region, Luca Zaya, published a picture of the green liquid that spread through the water near the arched Rialto Bridge, through his account on Twitter, explaining that residents reported the presence of this strange liquid, expressing their fears.
He was honoured and awarded the Guinness certificate in the booth of the Supreme Council for Motherhood and Childhood at the exhibition, amidst the overwhelming joy of his family members, represented by his sister, father, mother, and his relatives. Al-Muhairi expressed his great happiness at obtaining the Guinness certificate.