The photo has been used for illustrative purposes.
The Abu Dhabi Emergency and Crisis and Disasters Committee in cooperation with Department of Health, approved two tests to enter the emirate effective from Aug.27, 2020, enhancing precautionary measures to curb the spread of COVID-19.
The Abu Dhabi Government Media Office said, “Entry will be allowed within 48 hours of receiving a negative PCR test result, or with a negative DPI laser test result accompanied by a negative PCR test result received within 6 days.
“The Committee states that the same type of test cannot be taken twice in a row within 6 days.”
Volunteers in the COVID-19 vaccine trials are exempt from these entry measures and are authorised to use emergency vehicle lanes for a smooth journey.
The Committee affirmed that legal measures will be taken against those not complying with the measures and procedures related to limiting the spread of the COVID-19 virus, and that violating these entry procedures will result in penalties and fines, as outlined by the Attorney General.
The Committee, in cooperation with the Department of Health and other related authorities in the emirate, will continue their efforts to build on the gains achieved so far to ensure overcoming the pandemic completely. The Committee renews its appeal to all members of the society to continue their cooperation and commitment to follow all preventive and precautionary measures.
The Ministry expressed its sincere condolences to the families of the deceased and wished current COVID-19 patients a speedy and full recovery.
All residents are advised to conduct a CIVID-19 PCR test before flying to the UAE.
Colonel Pilot Obaid Mohammed Al Shemaili, Deputy Director of Abu Dhabi Police Aviation Department at the Central Operations Division, said that move comes with the keenness of the Abu Dhabi Police to cope up with the developments and to promote all capabilities to serve the community.
The death toll from floods and landslides in India rose to 85 on Wednesday, officials said, while Nepal also reported 43 fatalities and 43 missing.
Infections have been reported in more than 210 countries and territories since the first cases were identified in December 2019.
There have been several attacks this year on army vehicles in eastern Syria by suspected Daesh militants who still operate in the sprawling desert area