King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud attends a meeting. File photo
The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud of Saudi Arabia on Friday left King Faisal Specialist Hospital in Riyadh after recovering on Thursday.
In a statement, the Royal Court said that King Salman underwent a successful laparoscopic surgery to remove the gallbladder, reported Saudi Press Agency, SPA.
The Royal Court said in a statement late Thursday the monarch, 84, left the King Faisal Specialist Hospital after a recovery.
News of his improved health comes just as Saudis mark the start of the Eid Al Adha festival on Friday, which Muslims around the world celebrate. It coincides with the last days of the Hajj pilgrimage in Mecca, which this year saw only a sliver of the usual numbers of pilgrims taking part due to the coronavirus pandemic.
King Salman was admitted to the hospital July 20 with inflammation of his gall bladder. A few days later, he was operated on. The procedure was described as a laparoscopic surgery — a low-risk procedure that usually involves only small incisions and a tiny camera to aid the surgeons’ work.
Saudi Arabia plans to ease curfew hours it imposed on several cities during the month of Ramadan to allow people more time to shop for essential needs within the boundaries of their neighbourhoods, state news agency (SPA) reported on Tuesday.
Saudi Arabia's King Salman is in stable condition, after the 84-year-old monarch was admitted to hospital in the capital Riyadh on Monday due to inflammation of the gall bladder and held a cabinet meeting on Tuesday via video call.
The UAE leaders also dispatched similar congratulatory messages to Prince Mohammed bin Salman Bin Abdul Aziz, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defence of Saudi Arabia.
The Centre also confirmed that it is following the situation around the clock and would continue brief the public on the latest developments, calling on the public, road users and motorists to exercise precautions when driving during rain, and to avoid nearing surface runoffs and pools of rainwater. It also appealed to members of the society to follow the bulletins and reports issued by the NCM and not to circulate rumors.
The multi-millionaire ex-Chancellor and his wife Akshata Murty were last year granted planning permission to build a swimming pool, gym and an adjoining tennis court on farmland at the manor house.
Asad Kaleem, an executive producer at ARY, said that the action means that 4,000 employees at the TV are now without work. He pleaded with the government to reverse its decision and bring the hugely popular ARY back on air.