Picture used for illustrative purpose only.
Dr Saif Al Dhaheri, the official spokesman for the National Emergency, Crisis and Disasters Management Authority, announced several developments related to travel protocol, new guidelines around the occasion of Eid al-Adha and prayers in mosques.
Al Dhaheri stated that after assessing the situation and coordinating with the concerned authorities, it was decided that Eid Al Adha prayers would be conducted in homes and takbeers broadcast through visual and audio means.
He also announced that The Emirates Council for Sharia Fatwa have recommended that donations and sacrifices should be to official charitable causes in the country only.
Al Dhaheri advised the public to donate during this time to the official charitable bodies in the country with sacrifices and donations, through smart applications concerned with sacrifices or through slaughterhouses outlined by the local authorities that guarantee the application of precautionary and preventive measures and provide remote services without the need to enter livestock markets or slaughterhouses.
Al Dhaheri stressed the need to avoid family visits and gatherings, and replace them using electronic means of communication or phone contact, as well as refraining from distributing Eid gifts and money to children and individuals during this occasion recommending to instead use of electronic alternatives.
Al Dhaheri pointed out that it is necessary to avoid visiting pregnant women, children and those with chronic diseases who are most vulnerable to COVID-19 and not to allow them to leave the home and avoid going out to public places to preserve their health and safety.
Saif Al Dhahiri revealed that the capacity of mosques will increase to 50%, and that worshippers should still distance (2 metrers) and follow all other preventive measures.
He also announced that the period between the call to prayer and prayers would be extended to ten minutes, except for Maghrib prayer, which will be 5 minutes. These decisions are effective from Aug.3, 2020.
The decision comes in implementation of the precautionary and preventive measures taken by the UAE in the face of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and a commitment to national and humanitarian responsibility.
The UAE has seen a considerable rise in the cases of COVID-19 infections and deaths during the last three holidays. The last three holidays include this year's Eid Al Fitr, the New Year's holidays, and last year’s Eid Al Adha.
The UAE Emergency and Crisis team on Tuesday announced that all the mosques and the Musallah across the UAE are allowed to conduct Eid Al Adha Prayers. It also announced strict protocols to be followed by all going for the prayers.
These measures include physical distancing between worshippers of 2 metres, prohibiting gatherings before and after prayer, avoiding shaking hands in all forms and sterilising hands before visiting the prayer rooms, as well as wearing masks.
“The decision stems from our belief in enhancing flexibility, competitiveness and ease of business for private sector companies and safeguarding all parties’ rights,” the Ministry said.
I was informed that my brother Abdulrahman had gone missing since dawn on Friday at 2:30. He went out for a walk near a lake with his cousin, after they finished visiting his brother, but Abdulrahman went to a toilet next to the lake and did not return.”
The blast took place at the mosque where a large number of people had gathered for prayer, police official Sikandar Khan said. "A portion of the building had collapsed and several people are believed to be under it," Khan added.