Man sustains burns, family survives fire in Ras Al Khaimah - GulfToday

Man sustains burns, family survives fire in Ras Al Khaimah


The photo has been used for illsutrative purposes.

Adnan Okasha, Staff Reporter

An Indian man, identified as T.S, 55, sustained burns and other minor injuries, as a result of a fire that erupted in his house in the Al-Uraibi area of Ras Al Khaimah.

The blaze that broke out on Wednesday morning at 5:30, was attributed to an explosion caused by an "air conditioner" in the house.

The man’s wife, along with their two children, 3 and 7, survived the blaze with no injuries.


Hundreds of German tourists repatriated from Ras Al Khaimah airport

50-year-old man body found in Ras Al Khaimah

Inmates convert to Islam in Ras Al Khaimah

Ras Al Khaimah launches stimulus package to boost emirate's economy

T.S explained that the fire took place, although the air conditioner was maintained a month ago.

He was then transferred to Saqr Hospital in Ras Al-Khaimah, to receive first aid and treatment.

He was admitted into "intensive care" while he was unconscious, due to inhaling a large amount of smoke, caused by the fire.

He regained consciousness, and then transferred to the hospital's internal clinical department.

Related articles