Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid during the remote swearing-in ceremony in Dubai on Saturday. WAM
His Highness Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, was present during the remote swearing-in ceremony.
On this occasion, Sheikh Mohammed said that the UAE government reflects the wise vision of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa and is now entering a new phase tasked with preparing for the next 50 years of the United Arab Emirates’ development march.
"With the support of my brother His Highness Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed, the UAE government has been swift in responding to the new global changes. We are among the top countries in the world in terms of proactively responding to surrounding challenges, taking proper decisions and resetting our priorities," Sheikh Mohammed said.
New UAE ministers during the remote swearing-in ceremony. WAM
Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed said: "The UAE has entered a new phase of effectiveness in the government work led by my brother Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid. The UAE has always been proactive in dealing with transformations with creative thinking and forward-looking visions. My best wishes for the new government team that took the oath today to serve the UAE and its people."
Earlier last week, Sheikh Mohammed announced the merger of ministries and departments in a UAE Cabinet reshuffle to create a more agile government.
The new structure includes the closure of 50% of government services centres and their transformation into digital platforms within a period of two years, and the mergers of around 50% of federal authorities with other authorities or ministries, in addition to the appointments of new ministers of state and CEOs of specialised sectors.
The new ministries include the Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology, which will develop the country’s industrial sector. Three ministers will also be appointed under the Ministry of Economy, as well as a Minister of State for Digital Economy, Artificial Intelligence and Remote Work Applications while a UAE Government Media Office will be established.
The new structure of the government includes the merger of the Ministry of Energy and the Ministry of Infrastructure to become the Ministry of Energy and Infrastructure, the merger of the National Media Council, NMC, and the Federal Youth Authority to the Ministry of Culture, the merger of the General Pension and Social Security Authority and the Ministry of Community Development, the merger of the National Qualifications Authority and the Ministry of Education, and the merger of the Insurance Authority and the Securities and Commodities Authority.
The new UAE Government structure is as follows:
1. His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Minister of Defence
2. Lt. General Sheikh Saif Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior
3. Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs
4. Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Cabinet Member and Minister of Finance
5. Sheikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Cabinet Member and Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
6. Sheikh Nahyan Bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, Cabinet Member and Minister of Tolerance and Coexistence
7. Mohammad Bin Abdullah Al Gergawi, Cabinet Member and Minister of Cabinet Affairs and the Future
8. Ahmed Juma Al Zaabi, Minister of Federal Supreme Council Affairs
9. Abdul Rahman Bin Mohammad Bin Nasser Al Owais, Cabinet Member, Minister of Health and Prevention and Minister of State for Federal National Council Affairs
10. Dr Anwar Bin Mohammad Gargash, Cabinet Member and Minister of State for Foreign Affairs
11. Obaid Humaid Al Tayer, Cabinet Member and Minister of State for Financial Affairs
12. Reem Bint Ibrahim Al Hashemy, Cabinet Member and Minister of State for International Cooperation
13. Suhail Bin Mohammed Al Mazrouei, Cabinet Member and Minister of Energy and Infrastructure
14. Dr Abdullah Belhaif Al Nuaimi, Cabinet Member and Minister of Climate Change and the Environment
15. Dr Sultan Bin Ahmed Al Jaber, Cabinet Member and Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology
16. Sultan Bin Saeed Al Badi, Cabinet Member and Minister of Justice
17. Hussain Bin Ibrahim Al Hammadi, Cabinet Member and Minister of Education
18. Mohammed Bin Ahmed Al Bowardi, Cabinet Member and Minister of State for Defence Affairs
19. Noura Bint Mohammed Al Kaabi, Cabinet Member and Minister of Culture and Youth
20. Jameela Bint Salem Al Muheiri, Cabinet Member and Minister of State for Public Education
21. Nasser Bin Thani Al Hamli, Cabinet Member and Minister of Human Resources and Emiratisation
22. Hessa Bint Essa Buhumaid, Cabinet Member and Minister of Community Development
23. Abdullah Bin Touq Al Marri, Cabinet Member and Minister of Economy
24. Dr Maitha Bint Salem Al Shamsi, Minister of State
25. Dr Ahmad Belhoul Al Falasi, Minister of State for Entrepreneurship and SMEs
26. Dr Thani Bin Ahmed Al Zeyoudi, Minister of State for Foreign Trade
27. Ohood Bint Khalfan Al Roumi, Minister of State for Government Development and The Future
28. Shamma Bint Suhail Al Mazrouei, Minister of State for Youth Affairs
29. Zaki Nusseibeh, Minister of State
30. Mariam Bint Mohammed Almheiri, Minister of State for Food and Water Security
31. Sarah Bint Yousif Al Amiri, Minister of State for Advanced Technology
32. Omar Bin Sultan Al Olama, Minister of State for Artificial Intelligence, Digital Economy, and Teleworking Applications
33. Ahmed Ali Al Sayegh, Minister of State CEOs of UAE Government
34. Mohammed Sultan Al Obaidli, Head of Legal Affairs
35. Mohammed Hamad Al-Kuwaiti, Head of Cyber Security
36. Saeed Al-Attar, Head of Government Media Office
37. Huda Al Hashemi, Head of Government Strategy and Innovation
38. Hamad Al-Mansoori, Head of the Digital Government
39. Mohammed Bin Taleya, Head of Government Services
Sheikh Mohammed said on Twitter, “Today, we concluded the meetings of the UAE government to prepare the state’s strategy after the COVID-19... We will review the structure and size of the government... We may merge ministries and we do not change bodies…. "
"The government has worked remotely with efficiency, during the past months and today it is completing its works from the field after the return of the employees to work," said Sheikh Mohammed while chairing a virtual meeting of the UAE Cabinet, on the first day of government employees returning to work at their offices.
The UAE Cabinet, chaired by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, adopted a resolution to grant paid leave to select categories of employees at the federal government.
The UAE cabinet chaired by Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, held a virtual meeting where it approved an additional Dhs16 billion to address the effects of the coronavirus outbreak, bringing to Dh126 billion the total stimulus package in the country, in a move that is aimed at easing the coronavirus impact in the country.
Indonesia's rumbling Mount Sinabung erupted Monday, sending a column of volcanic materials as high as 5,000 meters (16,400 feet) into the sky and depositing ash on villages.
All residents are advised to conduct a CIVID-19 PCR test before flying to the UAE.
The SPEA said if parents are reluctant to send kids to the schools in the first phase of reopening, they can choose the distance learning option.
Sharjah Public Library (SPL), an affiliate of the Sharjah Book Authority (SBA), will host a series of four expert-led virtual sessions in August on topics that range from human development and self-development to culture and education, moderated by Rama Muhana.