The Hajj and Umrah pilgrimmages will remain suspended until further notice.
Saudi Arabia will begin easing restrictions on movement and travel this week, more than two months after stringent measures were introduced to help curb the spread of the novel coronavirus.
Restrictions will be lifted in three phases, culminating in the curfew completely ending — with the exception of the holy city of Makkah — from June 21, the state news agency reported in a statement early on Tuesday.
Dubai to reopen business activities from 27 May
Dubai markets fully compliant to COVID-19 guidelines 1091 outlets inspected
The Hajj and Umrah pilgrimmages — which attract millions of travellers from around the world — will remain suspended until further notice.
The kingdom has so far recorded 74,795 cases of COVID-19 with 399 deaths. More than 2,000 cases are still being reported daily.
The first phase, starting on Thursday, will see the 24-hour curfew reduced to between 3pm-6am countrywide.
Free movement between regions and some retail and wholesale activities, including malls, will be allowed to resume.
Saudi Arabia had imposed 24-hour curfews on most towns and cities but eased them for the start of the fasting month of Ramadan. The 24-hour curfew was reimposed during the five-day Muslim Eid Al Fitr holiday, which began on Sunday.
From Sunday May 30, free movement will be allowed between 6am and 8pm, Saudi Press Agency reported. Domestic flights will be allowed to resume, but a ban on international flights will stay.
Mosques can hold prayers once again, subject to social distancing and hygiene measures, except for in Makkah where restrictions on attendance will stay in place.
Public and private sector employees will be allowed to return to their offices.
Social gatherings of more than 50 people will still be banned, including weddings and funerals.
Citizens will still be urged to wear masks in public and continue hygiene and social distancing measures after June 21.
Makkah will stay one phase behind the rest of the country, with curfew times adjusted to 3pm-6am until June 20, revised up to 8pm thereafter. Prayers will only be allowed to resume in mosques from June 21.
The Saudi interior ministry said in a statement early on Thursday that entertainment activities and events as well as in-restaurant dining would be suspended for 10 days, open to renewal.
The Hajj, which begins on Wednesday, normally draws around 2.5 million people for five intense days of worship in one of the world's largest gatherings of people from around the world.
As greater Melbourne passed the halfway point of a lockdown initially intended to last six weeks, Premier Daniel Andrews said the state would be stuck in "limbo" unless it could cut the infection rate.
An African security guard, in collaboration with three colleagues stole Dhs2 million under duress from a company accountant and her assistant after assaulting them with an electric detonator and threatening to kill them.
The police began gathering inferences and interrogating the mother who was living with the victim, a younger child and a servant who was not at home during the interrogations and was found to have left the country on the day of the crime.
Residents said that requests for an appointment to obtain a Schengen visa reached 3 to 6 months for some European countries.