Ermando Armelino Piveta gestures as leaves the Armed Forces Hospital in Brasilia. Reuters
Second Lieutenant Ermando Piveta, who served in the Brazilian artillery in Africa during World War II, was brought out of the Armed Forces Hospital in Brasilia to a burst of trumpet music and applause.
Wearing an army-green side cap, he raised his arms in the air as he left the hospital after eight days as a patient.
"He won another battle, this time against the new coronavirus. He was released from hospital the same day Brazil is commemorating the 75th anniversary of its troops' successful campaign in the Battle of Montese in Italy during World War II," the army said in a statement.
Piveta served in the army's fourth artillery regiment, which trained in Dakar in 1942, soon after Brazil entered the war on the side of the Allies, the army said.
He then returned to Brazil with his regiment to defend the country from an Axis invasion that never came to be.
Brazil is the hardest-hit country in Latin America in the coronavirus pandemic, with 1,532 deaths so far.
The 47 doctors protested in Quetta, the capital of southwestern Baluchistan province, on Monday, when they were detained.
The rap music video with visuals of residents and streets of Abu Dhabi, and the UAE was captioned, “A special #salute to all the real-life heroes of the UAE, thank you for all for your courageous efforts saving lives every day.”
The ministry also announced the total number of recovered cases of coronavirus has reached 933 with 81 cases fully recovered today after receiving treatment.
Queen Margrethe II announced last week that the four children of her youngest son, 53-year-old Prince Joachim, would no longer be able to use the title of prince and princess after January 1.
“Without them, we would not have written the letters of our lives.. Without them, our countries would not have advanced in science,”Sheikh Mohammed tweeted on Wednesday.
This was announced by Mohammed Hassan Khalaf, through the "Direct Line" programme, via Sharjah Radio, showing an image of the location of Salem Bin Abdullah Al Owais Mosque.
A trial opened on Wednesday in Spain over a 2013 train derailment that killed 80 passengers and injured 145 others. Prosecutors are seeking four-year prison sentences for the train driver and for a former security director at state-owned rail infrastructure company ADIF.