Aircrafts are seen parked on a runway at the Chhatrapati Shivaji domestic airport in Mumbai, India. The world's largest democracy went under the world's biggest lockdown on Wednesday. AP
As many as 249 British tourists stranded in Goa left for Manchester in a special flight early on Wednesday even as arrangements are under way to fly stranded tourists of other nationalities too, a tour operator involved in the exercise said.
Martin Joseph, who runs a charter company Freedom Holidays, arranged to ferry back 249 UK tourists along with TUI Airways, a Britain-based chartered travel company. He said that the central government made special exception for the exit of the stranded tourists.
"The 249 British tourists included those who had come to Goa by scheduled flights. India's charter aviation policy mandates that only those who come by a chartered flight can return by a chartered flight. But in this case, the central government allowed all tourists to fly back," Joseph whose company handles charter tourist operations, told reporters.
After the departure of the flight, the official Twitter handle of Goa's Dabolim International Airport said: "Matter of relief that guests shall be safe home amid COVID-19 crisis. AAI (Airport Authority of India) committed for service. Bon voyage".
Joseph also said that efforts were being made to bail out tourists from other nationalities who are currently stranded in the coastal state. For now, foreigners whose visas are likely to expire have been allowed to extend their visas online and stay put in view of the coronavirus pandemic.
Tourism in Goa has taken a hit on account of the global coronavirus outbreak. Last year, the state attracted more than seven million tourists, of which half a million were foreigners.
Indo-Asian News Service
The patient arrived in Kerala on March 2 and reached Munnar on March 7. But on March 10 he developed symptoms of coronavirus and was asked to remain under observation at a state owned resort. Since then he was in the observation camp.
State Agriculture Minister V.S. Sunilkumar told the media that the 69-year-old man was in isolation.
GiveIndia, one of the best regarded online giving platforms in the country, has started a mission to support families impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic in India, which is likely to result in loss of livelihoods for a very large number of people, especially among the daily wage workers.
Earlier this week, Hamdan shared videos and photos of the bird building the nest. Ever since, the Royal has not been near his car and therefore told everyone to stay off the area.
Breastfeeding mothers-whether they are “suspected COVID19 or are COVID19 positive”-must be encouraged to fulfill their obligations to their newborns and babies.
The first-of-its-kind free of cost COVID-19 Rehabilitation Programme in the UAE has been launched by a multispecialty hospital located in Ras Al Khaimah to improve the health prospects of COVID-19 patients, through optimising health and functioning outcomes, facilitating early discharge, and reducing the risk of readmission.
Foreign ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin’s comments follow the denial of a bail request in California for a university researcher accused of lying about her ties to China’s military and governing Communist Party to gain access to the United States.