Travellers wearing face masks arrive at Dubai International Airport. File
Those who do not have their own residences in the UAE will be quarantined at designated places by the relevant authorities.
The new decision will come into effect at 10:00am local UAE time on Saturday, (March 21), and will continue until further notice. This is part of precautionary and preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID-19.
The ministry also stated, "the quarantine procedures are set to protect the health of GCC nationals."
Due to the spread of the novel coronavirus and its continuing impact on air travel services globally, Etihad Airways and Emirates Airlines will operate special chartered flights to Russia to ensure repatriation of Russian and UAE citizens.
Global deaths from coronavirus exceed 10,000
Newborn baby diagnosed with coronavirus at London hospital
Many students in Europe nervy over coronavirus
In reference to the UAE’s announcement of a renewable two-week suspension of entry for valid residence permit holders, who are currently out of the country, that entered into effect at noon on Thursday, March 19, as part of preventive procedures amidst the spread of COVID-19 around the world, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation has established a round-the-clock helplines to facilitate procedures.
Holders of valid residence permits overseas and their family members and first-degree relatives in the UAE can call the helplines 0097124965228 and 97192083344 for enquiries and assistance for humanitarian and emergency cases to ensure their safe return to the UAE, the ministry said.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) welcomed the news on Friday that the Chinese city where the new coronavirus first emerged in December had for the first time reported no new cases in 24 hours.
“Yesterday, Wuhan reported no new cases for the first time since the outbreak started,” WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told a virtual news conference.
“Wuhan provides hope for the rest of the world that even the most severe situation can be turned around.”
Italy on Friday reported a record 627 new deaths from the novel coronavirus, taking its overall toll past 4,000 as the pandemic gathered pace despite government efforts to halt its spread. The total number of deaths was 4,032, with the number of infections reaching 47,021. Italy’s previous one-day record death toll was 475 on Wednesday.
"We are deeply concerned both by the alarming levels of spread and severity and by the alarming levels of inaction. We have therefore made the assessment that COVID-19 can be characterised as a pandemic," WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told a news conference on Wednesday.
Taimur Saleem Jhagra, the Health Minister for Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) province, where both victims died, told AFP the men had recently travelled internationally.
India has also closed a border with neighbouring Myanmar to counter the coronavirus outbreak, as countries across South Asia reported a rise in cases on Wednesday. No cases have so far been confirmed in Myanmar.
The embassy noted that it coordinated with UAE national carriers Emirates Airlines and Etihad Airways and Saudi national carrier Saudi Arabian Airlines to operate flights for the next 72 hours according to the announced schedule. It commended in this regard the notable cooperation shown by officials of the national carriers in question.
The stolen items valued at Dhs21,000, according to the beauty centre manager. The convict intended to use these items for herself and her family’s members, the Court heard.
"The major cause of deaths could be drowning because the well was 60 feet deep and there was much water in it," Ilayaraja T, a top local government official, told Reuters.
“I have had more problems with the impact of the nerve damage than the bullet wounds,” Khan says. “I still can't walk properly, I still don’t have proper sensation in my right foot. That’s a lasting effect, which the doctor says eventually with time will heal, will go away.”
The possible spectacle of Trump's appearance in Manhattan before a judge as the first sitting or former President to face criminal charges, with international media camped outside, could further divide the world's most powerful country.