Picture used for illustration.
A total of 28 people have been screened in the UAE, confirmed the Ministry of Health and Prevention.
These are people who have been in close contact with previously confirmed cases of coronavirus.
According to the Ministry “all the necessary precautions to ensure highly efficient preventive measures are being taken, including check-ups and observation of people in contact with patients. It’s all done based on the guideline and standards of the World Health Organization.”
The ministry calls on the public to adopt protective measures such as washing hands regularly, and covering mouth when coughing and sneezing to avoid getting infected.
Awareness instructions are available on the ministry’s website and official website of other health authorities in UAE.
The health ministry said the cases involve four Emiratis, three Italians, two Bangladeshis, two Nepalese, a Russian, an Indian and a Syrian national.
The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention announced a new case of Coronavirus infection in the country, and added that the patient was stable and under medical care.
The Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation has suspended the issuance of all types of labour permits, including for drivers and domestic workers, effective Thursday, March 19th until further notice.
The Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) announced on Sunday that 12 more cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) have been confirmed in the UAE. The persons who were reported positive for coronavirus were found to be in contact with others coming from abroad, who were also confirmed infected. The total number of people infected with Covid-19 has reached 98 in the country.
'The UAE has decided to renew, from today and for a renewable period of two weeks, the suspension of entry of all foreign nationals holding valid UAE residence visa, in a bid to contain the spread the COVID-19 pandemic and to ensure their safety.
The ministry also announced that 35 cases fully recovered from the virus, after receiving treatment, bringing the total recovered cases to 96.
The Ministry said a 62-year old Asian expat and a 78-year old GCC national who tested positive for COVID-19 died due to complications related to chronic diseases. This brings death toll to eight.
"Considering the problems of overseas Pakistanis it has been decided that the first flight would land at Islamabad International Airport on April 4. All passengers will be sent in quarantine and tested for COVID-19. Those tested negative will be sent home through special arrangement of transport," Asad Umar said.