Saudi students arrive from virus-hit Chinese city of Wuhan. Image Credit/ SPA
A day after receiving 10 ten students from the Chinese city of Wuhan, the Ministry of Health (MOH) of Saudi Arabia confirmed that the results of the preliminary laboratory tests conducted on them were negative.
Ministry, however said that even then all 10 students will remain in the preventive isolation allocated for them for 14 days under full medical supervision.
This will help authorities to complete the additional tests and check on their health and safety.
As reported by Saudi Press Agency (SPA) the ten students arrived on Sunday in the Kingdom on a private plane in implementation of the directives of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and His Royal Highness Prince Mohammed bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defence, to evacuate them from China.
Some activities will remain banned, including weddings and corporate meetings. Social gatherings will continue to be limited to a maximum of 20 people, SPA said, citing an interior ministry source.
Saudi Arabia has extended by 20 days restrictions on entertainment activities, gatherings, and dine-in restaurant services to curb the spread of coronavirus.
Esper's comments come at a time when some US officials have blamed China for the coronavirus outbreak. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Sunday Washington had evidence the disease emerged from a Chinese lab, which Beijing strongly denies.
The airport recommended that the residents and visitors use the car parks or valet services when receiving guests at the 'Arrivals' section.
The former PTI leader made the announcement during a press conference in Lahore with several other PTI defectors — including those who left in the aftermath of the May 9 incidents — by his side
Gulf visitors are highly valuable to the UK economy, with over 790,000 Gulf visitors spending £2 billion during their stays in the UK last year.