Mahmoud Abbas holds talks with Arab League Secretary General Ahmed Aboul Gheit (not pictured) in Cairo on Friday. , Reuters
Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas on Saturday announced a cut in all ties with Israel and the United States, including security cooperation.
Abbas said the peace plan unveiled by US President Donald Trump on Tuesday was in "violation of the (autonomy) accords" launched in Oslo in 1993 by Israel and the Palestinians.
Israel will have to "bear responsibility as an occupying power" for the Palestinian territories, he told an emergency Arab League meeting in Cairo.
The summit of Arab foreign ministers in Cairo was requested by the Palestinians, who responded angrily to the American proposal.
The Arab League on Saturday rejected Trump's controversial Middle East plan, calling it "unfair" to Palestinians.
The pan-Arab bloc said in a statement that it "rejects the US-Israeli 'deal of the century' considering that it does not meet the minimum rights and aspirations of Palestinian people."
Arab leaders also vowed "not to ... cooperate with the US administration to implement this plan."
Abbas said that he told Israel and the US that "there will be no relations with them, including the security ties" following the deal that Palestinians say heavily favours Israel.
There was no immediate comment from US or Israeli officials.
The Palestinian leader said that he'd refused to take US President Donald Trump's phone calls and messages "because I know that he would use that to say he consulted us.” "I will never accept this solution," Abbas said.
"I will not have it recorded in my history that I have sold Jerusalem." He said the Palestinians remain committed to ending the Israeli occupation and establishing a state with its capital in east Jerusalem.
Abbas said that the Palestinians wouldn't accept the US as a sole mediator in any negotiations with Israel.
He said they would go to the United Nations Security Council and other world and regional organisations to "explain our position." The Arab League’s head, Ahmed Aboul-Gheit, said the proposal revealed a "sharp turn” in the long-standing US foreign policy regarding the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
"This turn does not help achieve peace and a just solution,” he declared.
Aboul-Gheit said that the Palestinians reject the proposal.
He called for the two sides, the Israelis and the Palestinians, to negotiate to reach a "satisfactory solution for both of them.” President Trump unveiled the long-awaited proposal on Tuesday in Washington. It would allow Israel to annex all its West Bank settlements - which the Palestinians and most of the international community view as illegal - as well as the Jordan Valley, which accounts for roughly a fourth of the West Bank.
In return, the Palestinians would be granted statehood in Gaza, scattered chunks of the West Bank and some neighborhoods on the outskirts of Jerusalem, all linked together by a new network of roads, bridges and tunnels.
Israel would control the state’s borders and airspace and maintain overall security authority. Critics of the plan say this would rob Palestinian statehood of any meaning.
The plan would abolish the right of return for Palestinian refugees displaced by the 1948 war and their descendants, a key Palestinian demand.
The Palestinians, who refuse to talk to the Trump administration since he recognised Jerusalem as Israel's capital, reject the peace plan because it seems to bury the two-state solution that for decades has been the cornerstone of international diplomacy aimed at the two.
Under former President Donald Trump, the United States quit the council in June 2018 but the Biden government returned as an observer earlier this month.
The deals were announced in a four-month span between mid-August and mid-December and were the most significant diplomatic breakthroughs in the Middle East in 25 years as the region girds for a prolonged confrontation with Iran.
The food control report stated that the administrative closure decision followed the restaurant’s repeated highly dangerous violations and its failure to meet the health and food safety requirements, the ADAFSA added, noting that insects were detected on the meat and vegetable washing sink and in the clean utensil storage area.
An unemployed Arab pretending to be a real estate broker managed to fraudulently rented a villa to a Gulf citizen and his wife against Dhs147,000 after giving them forged lease contract and documents that he had obtained from the owner after impersonating a European man.
They also seized the car that caused the accident through the vehicle tracking systems and smart cameras that monitor all vehicles roaming the emirate.