Rescue workers prepare to lift a bus after it was swallowed by an enormous sinkhole road collapse in China's northwestern Qinghai province. AFP
At least six people were killed in China after a bus plunged into a sinkhole on a city street in country's northwestern region.
Accident also left four missing, authorities said.
The collapse on Monday afternoon left 16 people in the hospital.
Some 1,000 emergency workers and 30 vehicles were sent to the site, the emergency management bureau in the city of Xining said.
A crane was called in to lift the bus above the sinkhole so rescue workers could look for victims.
Video apparently shot by security cameras just after the accident showed the bus gradually settling into the hole while people nearby scrambled for safety.
Other video showed the bus tipped more than halfway into the chasm that had opened up at a bus stop just outside a health clinic.
Light and smoke were coming to the surface, possibly as a result of the rupture of gas or electricity lines. Workers using backhoes, dump trucks and other equipment excavated earth around the collapse.
The the emergency management bureau said the bus had been raised from the collapsed 80-square-meter section into which it had fallen.
The state-run People's Daily said rescue work is ongoing at the site in Shuicheng county, Guizhou province, where a thick torrent of mud buried 22 houses in the landslide on Tuesday.
The accident occurred at around 11:30 am (0330 GMT) in a central Shanghai neighbourhood when the roof of the two-storey building caved in on construction workers, trapping 20 people, fire rescue officials said on social media.
The driver of a tour bus that crashed near a national park in Utah, killing four Chinese tourists and injuring dozens more, was making his first trip for a company that only been in business for a short time
An oft-repeated advice. Yet, due to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the subsequent remote work and school environs, two ophthalmologists and an orthopaedician surgeon have reiterated the need for everyone to relax and take a breather from screens and the television set everyday.
2,437 people had been caught in violation of the precautionary measures in force to limit the spread of the virus, and 2,486 notices were issued against them in 15 days.
During the telephone call, Sheikh Mohamed and Macron discussed ways to enhance bilateral relations and cooperation between the two countries in the best interest of the two sides.