Asian suspects charged with theft in Sharjah - GulfToday

Asian suspects charged with theft in Sharjah


Photo has been used for illustrative purposes.

Mahmoud Mohsen, Staff Reporter

The Sharjah Criminal Court looked into three cases in which an Asian was charged with theft and damaging companies and construction sites for stealing electrical cables, conniving with two others.

According to the papers of the first case, and testimony of the first witness, working for Sharjah Police, the suspect, on July 18, 2019 broke into a warehouse in the Sajaa area to steal electrical cables. When he was arrested and interrogated by the Public Prosecution, he confessed to theft and guided to the stolen items but he denied it in court.

In the second case, the suspect, with two others, broke into a contracting company on August 25, 2019, after damaging its doors, and stole electrical cables.

In court, the three suspects denied the charges and the second said he confessed to the police under duress.

In the third case, the suspect broke into a shop in the area of Siouh after breaking the doors, on August 8, 2019 to steal 50 rolls of electrical cables.

He confessed to the theft in court.

The Sharjah Criminal Court ordered the case to be adjourned to November 24 to hear the statements of other witnesses and victims at the three sites.

Recently, the Sharjah Criminal Court adjourned the hearing of a case in which three Asians were charged with forging official documents and cards. One of the defendants also offered a bribe for their release. According to the testimony of a witness working in Sharjah Police, while the three defendants were on interrogation, one of them tried to offer verbally an estimated bribe of Dhs3,000 for them to be set free, noting that the defendants confessed during the interrogations that they had forged the documents of their own free will. Faced by the court with the charges levelled against them, the defendants denied the forgery charge. One of the defendants confessed that he had received the said documents from the other defendant without knowing they had been forged. The court ordered the defendants to be remanded in custody.

Related articles