Lion Air's Boeing 737 Max 8 airplane is parked on the tarmac of Soekarno Hatta International airport near Jakarta. File photo/Reuters
The final report on the crash of a Lion Air Boeing 737 MAX jet that killed 189 people last year will be published in the first half of November, Indonesia’s civil aviation authority said on Wednesday.
“The draft was already sent to the relevant parties on Aug.24, 2019,” KNKT spokesman Anggo Anurogo said in a statement. “The parties have 60 days to respond to the final draft.”
Officials told Reuters in August that the draft would be sent to all parties involved, including Boeing, Lion Air, and the US Federal Aviation Administration.
Boeing’s best-selling jet was grounded globally in March after two fatal crashes in Indonesia and Ethiopia, within 5 months, killed 346 passengers.
Boeing said in July it would give $100 million over multiple years to governments and non-profit organizations to help families and communities affected by the crashes.
The airline is the target of a US Department of Justice criminal investigation into the development of the 737 MAX, regulatory probes and more than 100 lawsuits by victims’ families.
Indonesia’s air safety watchdog releases its final report on Friday on the crash of a Boeing 737 Max operated by Lion Air that killed 189 people, with all eyes on possible problems with the brand new jet’s flight control system.
The 4,132 search and rescue personnel are supported by 14 airplanes, 62 ships and 21 raft boats. They are using an underwater metal detector and remotely operated vehicle to find human remains, the plane’s cockpit voice recorder and more wreckage.
Indonesia will not approve the return of the Boeing Co 737 MAX to its skies until after aviation regulators in the United States, Europe, Brazil, Canada and China
The search and rescue agency said it had collected body bags filled with human remains, as well as debris from the wreckage, in waters about 23 metres deep. DNA from relatives will be compared with discovered remains for identification.
At least 288 people were killed and hundreds more injured in a three-train collision in India, officials said Saturday, the country's deadliest rail accident in more than 20 years.
The nation-wide campaign aims to spread awareness about the environmental sustainability issues, encourage local community engagement and support climate action-related strategies.
"I, as president, swear upon my honour and integrity before the great Turkish nation and history to safeguard the existence and independence of the state," Erdogan said during a ceremony at the parliament in Ankara...
“I extend my heartfelt condolences to all those affected by the train accident in India. The thoughts of everyone in the UAE are with Prime Minister @narendramodi and the people of India at this time,” tweeted Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed.