A drone is pictured near Heathrow Airport in London, Britain on Thursday. Henry Nicholls/ Reuters
Climate-change activists plan to disrupt Heathrow airport with drones on Friday morning, despite the arrest of five of their members in a pre-emptive strike by London police.
The Heathrow Pause group aims to ground flights by illegally flying drones within 5 km of an airport, to put pressure on the government to take tougher steps to reduce carbon emissions.
Police arrested three men and two women from the group on Thursday on suspicion of conspiracy to commit a public nuisance in relation to operations at the airport.
But Heathrow Pause said it would go ahead anyway.
“The action will carry on exactly as planned, peacefully and non-violently, regardless of today’s events - we have contingency measures in place,” it said in a statement on Thursday.
Earlier this week, police said they were confident the action would not lead to a repeat of the chaos seen at Gatwick last December, when drone sightings grounded planes in the run-up to Christmas.
But they warned that attempted disruption of the airport and flying drones without permission in the exclusion zone were serious crimes.
The activists say they are not looking to endanger life, and aim to conduct the action and alert authorities before the airport opens.
Heathrow has said the demonstration is counter-productive and criminal, adding that despite talks between the two sides, the campaigners disagree with the airport’s belief that aviation can and should be decarbonised.
Climate activists blocked hundreds of employees from entering the headquarters of French bank Societe Generale, state-run utility EDF and oil giant Total on Friday, environmental group Greenpeace said.
Climate activists using small boats and climbing equipment blockaded a cruise ship for six hours in a German harbour to protest against its carbon emissions, police said on Monday.
The volunteers turned out for World Cleanup Day — an initiative that has got millions into the streets and cleaning up litter across the globe since it began just over a decade ago.
In the video, which has gone viral on social media, it can be seen that after her body was laid out on the station platform, her son kept playing and trying to wake her up.
The authorities have laid down conditions, that is wearing medical masks and gloves by staffs and visitors, booking appointment for service, as well as sanitising the centre and salon continuously to ensure the safety and health of public.
A total of 28,404,603 adult elective surgical operations from 71 countries have been estimated to be either delayed or consequently cancelled while the world awaits for a vaccine against the SARS-CoV2 virus and the finality of the five-month COVID19 global crisis.