Afghan National Army soldiers stand guard at a checkpoint in Kabul, Afghanistan. Rahmat Gul/Associated Press
An Afghan official says a Taliban suicide car bomber has targeted an Afghan special forces base on the outskirts of Kabul, killing at least four troops.
Fawad Aman, deputy spokesman for the Afghan Defense Ministry also says three other soldiers were wounded in Thursday's attack in the Chahar Asyab district in Kabul province.
A plume of smoke rose over the attack site.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid has claimed responsibility for the bombing in a statement sent to the media.
The attack is the latest since President Donald Trump abruptly called off U.S.-Taliban talks on the brink of an apparent deal to end America's longest war.
Two Taliban car bombs shook Kabul last week, killing several civilians and two members of the NATO mission, including a US soldier.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for detonating the bomb near the National Directorate of Security (NDS) compound in Ghazni city during Sunday morning's rush hour.
Sher Mohammad Abbas Stanikzai also defended the Taliban's role in recent bloodshed across the country after US President Donald Trump cited an attack that killed an American soldier as his reason for calling off negotiations earlier this month.
The Taliban however claimed the attack was actually a coordinated insurgent assault on the checkpoint where the shooting took place, killing over two dozen militiamen, according to Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid.
Over a thousand buildings in southeastern Turkey collapsed due to tremors leaving dozens injured.
"The Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA) and health department are establishing a 100-bed tent hospital at Taftan to provide medical treatment to the suspected passengers,” Balochistan's Chief Minister Jam Kamal Alyani said.
The Minister of State for Media Affairs Amjad Adayleh said the decision was part of "preemptive measures... following the rise in cases of coronavirus in South Korea, Iran" and China.