Photo has been used for illustrative purposes.
Mahmoud Muhsen, Staff Reporter
An Asian worker sustained moderate burns in his face when caustic acid spurted from a vehicle battery he was trying to close tightly during his work at a car wash station in Sharjah on Tuesday.
According to the official records, the national ambulance received a report that an Asian in his thirties sustained burns in his face from caustic acid. A national ambulance rushed to the place of the incident and took the injured man to the emergency section of Al Qasimi Hospital, where the medical team on duty conducted necessary medical examinations on him.
The victim said as soon as he opened the hood of a customer’s car to make sure there was nothing wrong with the engine, acid flushed on his face because the cover of the battery was not tightly closed. The worker’s health condition is stable now.
Earlier, a housemaid was charged with causing the death of two children by negligence, the Fujairah Criminal Court heard.
According to the official records, a fire erupted in the house of an Emirati in Madhab when the two children aged three and four were in their room.
The children’s grandmother and the housemaid were in the house while the parents were at work before the incident took place.
Firefighting teams rushed to the scene and brought the fire under control. However, the two children died in the fire.
In the court, the housemaid denied the charge levelled against her. The court has set a date for the next session.
Separately, the Sharjah Criminal Court has adjourned a case in which an Asian was charged with swindling money and forging tourist visas alleging he could offer them at reduced prices via a travel agency in his home country.
A first witness testified in the Sharjah Criminal Court that he and a second witness met the defendant at a travel agency and they agreed that the latter would offer them five visas and airway tickets at reduced prices for a round trip to India.
The Sharjah Police in cooperation with the Civil Defence teams, managed to control a fire that erupted in an Emirates Transport school bus Tuesday morning. The children were rescued and transported safely to their school in Kalba.
The bus had reportedly moved at 6am to pickup students from their homes. When it reached Al-Saf area with three students inside it, the driver smelt smoke emitting from the bus’s engine. He stopped the bus immediately and evacuated students and supervisors, post which the bus caught fire.
The teams extinguished the fire in nearly a minute.
A fire broke out in a vessel in the sea off Al Khan beach in Sharjah on Tuesday, gutting 104 vehicles onboard.
The firefighting squads at the Sharjah Civil Defence contained a fire that erupted in a vehicle on an internal road leading to Al Khan Street in Sharjah.
A video clip of Egyptian couple riding e-scooters to their wedding venue has gone viral on social media. The video showed the couple, each riding a e-scooter, and behind them were the cars celebrating their marriage in Giza Governorate.
Of those hurt in the accident, 138 sustained minor injuries and a further 24 were still in hospital, the health ministry said. The blast blew out the windows of several houses in the surrounding area and damaged their interiors.
The initiative is inspired by the pioneering success of Dubai Police’s Smart Police Stations (SPS), which provide security and community services around the clock, without human intervention.
The meeting addressed cooperation between the UAE and the Comoros and opportunities to advance ties in the economic, trade, investment, and development fields to achieve the aspirations of the two countries and peoples.