A convoy of Turkish military vehicles passes through the town of Saraqeb in the northwestern province of Idlib on Monday. Omar Haj Kadour/ AFP
A Turkish convoy loaded with munitions crossed into northwest Syria on Monday, to help insurgents fighting a government advance in the town of Khan Sheikhoun, Syrian state media said.
The “aggressive” move would not affect “the determination of the Syrian Arab Army to keep hunting the remnants of terrorists” in the town in Idlib province or elsewhere, state news agency SANA cited a Foreign Ministry source as saying.
There was no immediate comment from Ankara.
Artillery fire battered Maarat Al Numan town and nearby villages in the south Idlib countryside over the past two days, after warplanes struck there on Thursday.
The deal struck between Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan comes after an escalation of violence in Idlib, the northwestern province of Syria where Ankara is battling Moscow-backed government forces.
The patrol on the M4 highway in Idlib province was the result of a March 5 ceasefire accord between Moscow and Ankara, which back opposing sides in Syria's nine-year war. The ceasefire has largely held since then.
"I am very much hoping for an addition to the family, a little sibling for Emma," her 2-year-old daughter, Marin told Me Naiset magazine in an interview.
Ministry also announced the death of three people, who tested positive for COVID-19, due to complications.This brings the total death toll to 273.
Lt. Colonel Mohammed Salem Al Shehhi, Chief of the Traffic Control Section at the ADP Traffic and Patrols Directorate, urged drivers to use tyres that comply with specifications.