Authorities work at the scene of a mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio, on Sunday.
Nine people in Ohio have been killed in the second mass shooting in the US in less than 24 hours, and the suspected shooter is also deceased, police said.
Dayton police tweeted that an active shooter situation began in the Oregon District at 1:22am, but that officers nearby were able to "put an end to it quickly." At least 16 others were taken to local hospitals with injuries, police said.
The suspected shooter's identity has not been released.
Miami Valley Hospital spokeswoman Terrea Little said 16 victims have been received at the hospital, but she couldn't confirm their conditions. Kettering Health Network spokeswoman Elizabeth Long said multiple victims from a shooting had been brought to system hospitals, but didn't have details on how many.
The Oregon District is a historic neighborhood near downtown Dayton that's home to entertainment options, including bars, restaurants and theaters. Police have not said where in the district the shooting took place.
The FBI is assisting with the investigation.
The Ohio shooting came hours after a young man opened fire in a crowded El Paso, Texas, shopping area, leaving 20 dead and more than two dozen injured. Just days before, on July 28, a 19-year-old shot and killed three people, including two children, at the Gilroy Garlic Festival in Northern California.Associated Press
The shooting in the town of Poway, north of San Diego, came exactly six months after a white supremacist killed 11 people at Pittsburgh's Tree of Life synagogue — the deadliest attack on the Jewish community in US history.
The shooter was also killed after an extended gun battle with responding officers, in a scene that "best could be described as a war zone," Virginia Beach police chief James Cervera told a news conference.
The officers were released from area hospitals Tuesday afternoon and are recovering, Hwang said. A 30-year-old corporal was shot in the arm and chest, and Hwang said the officer’s ballistic vest likely saved his life.
A total 329 passengers, most of whom are German nationals, departed from the airport on two flights, in a joint effort by the UAE government, the German embassy in the UAE and Ras Al Khaimah International Airport, which was chosen as the departure point due to its readiness to screen all passengers quickly and efficiently.
The 77,000 sq. ft property can accommodate upto 400 people and it has undergone all necessary maintenance to ensure the facilities meet the required health and safety standards.
Her younger brother Prince Sixtus Henry of Bourbon-Parma announced her demise, as the death toll in Spain increased to 6,528, now the second highest in the world after Italy (10,023).