People light candles in front of the Romanian Ministry of Interior in Bucharest to commemorate Alexandra.
Several thousand protesters rallied in Bucharest on Saturday after Romania's police chief was fired over the murder of a 15-year-old girl who had made three emergency calls to report her own kidnapping and given clues to her whereabouts.
Critics allege that officials failed to take the alert seriously and finally reacted too late to help save the teen, identified as Alexandra.
Amid chants of "incompetence" and angry calls for the government to step down, demonstrators placed flowers and candles at a makeshift memorial outside the interior ministry on Saturday evening.
A 65-year-old suspect has been taken into custody, prosecutors said Saturday, after investigators searching his home and garden discovered human remains and jewellery belonging to the girl.
The suspect insisted he was innocent and had never met the teen but failed to explain why she had used his phone, his lawyer said.
Interior Minister Nicolae Moga announced late Friday that he had sacked police chief Ioan Buda "because drastic measures are required" in the case, which has sparked a major outcry.
The girl was snatched Wednesday as she tried to hitch-hike home to Dobrosloveni in southern Romania, police said.
On Thursday morning, she managed to ring the emergency number 112 three times and provide clues to police about the place she was being held by a car driver who had picked her up.
The girl had yelled "he's coming, he's coming" before the phone call was cut off, Buda had told journalists prior to his sacking.
Three buildings were searched by officers before they finally found the house where she had been held, more than 12 hours after her phone calls.
"Why did the police not intervene earlier? Everyone needs to answer for this, from police officers and prosecutors to (Prime Minister Viorica) Dancila," protester Cristian Nan, 55, told AFP.
Centre-right President Klaus Iohannis said earlier the "resignations of all those who mishandled this case which had such dramatic consequences are obligatory".
Bangladesh police were set to file charges on Wednesday against 16 people, including the headmaster of an Islamic seminary, over the shocking murder of a 19-year-old girl burned to death.
The Dubai Criminal Court on Sunday heard a case in which two Asians were accused of exchanging assault with one of them attempting to kill the other with a knife.
An Asian construction worker who faced financial troubles after he had been fired from work was involved in a murder and robbery case.
An Indian expat with the ticket number 206975 has won Dhs30 million in Abu Dhabi Big Ticket’s one of the biggest ever raffle draw on Saturday.
"I commend the United Arab Emirates for the historic cooperation with Israel forged over the past two years through the Abraham Accords," said Antony Blinken, US Secretary of State, in a press statement on Friday.
The celebrations were attended by the Centre's staff and a broad multicultural segment of the mosque's worshippers and visitors, which reflected the rich Emirati heritage and noble values, and highlighted the mosque's message that calls for cross-cultural dialogue worldwide.
The Abu Dhabi Court for Family and Civil and Administrative Cases rejected a lawsuit filed by an ex-husband who demanded to obligate his divorcee to pay him Dhs28,000, claiming that he had transferred the agreed alimony to her bank account.