The house where the fire broke out.
Mohamed Al Waselah, Staff Reporter
An Emirati family escaped a disaster in the early hours of Tuesday when a fire broke out in their house in Fujairah city. The firefighters managed to contain the fire and extinguish it in minutes. The smoke detector system in the house instantly alerted the civil defense about the incident. No injuries were reported, according to a civil defense official.
Colonel Khalid Rabea Al Hamoudi, Deputy Director of the Civil Defense of Fujairah, said the fire broke out in a house in the city of Fujairah at around 1:30 am. The firefighters succeeded in controlling the fire, which gutted the Majlis room, and prevented it from spreading to the rest of the house, Al Hamoudi said.
He praised the owner of the house for installing a smoke detector system which alerted the firefighters.
Upon receiving the alert, the firefighters rushed to the scene in minutes and evacuated the family. They then started to extinguish the fire, which had only harmed the Majlis without causing any casualties or injuries.
Colonel Khalid stressed the importance of installing “smoke detectors” in homes because of their proactive role in alerting individuals about fire, thus avoiding loss of life and property. He also underlined the importance of abiding by the necessary guidelines for the summer.
Colonel Al-Hammoudi explained that his administration launched a campaign titled (the crowd) on Tuesday, in coordination with the National Institute of Fujairah for Driving. The campaign aims to shed light on the negative effects of gathering at fire places and accidents out of curiosity or for clicking photographs.
Recently, an Emirati mother managed to rescue her newborn baby and sister from a fire that broke out inside her house in Hili District in Al Ain, thanks to her courage and presence of mind.
According to the official documents, a report was received by the operations room that a fire erupted in the house of an Emirati man.
Civil defence and police vehicles rushed to the scene of the fire and managed to put out the fire and prevent the flames from spreading to the other parts of the house.
As soon as she realised that the ground floor of the house was on fire, the mother went with her newborn baby and sister to the balcony to avoid suffocating and closed the door until the civil defence vehicles came a few minutes later.
The civil defense teams in Fujairah on Sunday night managed to control a huge fire that broke out in a landfill in the Badia area, about 40 km north of Fujairah.
The two children were alone with their grandmother when the fire erupted at 10:30am, adding that their parents were at work at the time.
An Emirati mother managed to rescue her newborn baby and sister from a fire that broke out inside her house in Hili District in Al Ain, thanks to her courage and presence of mind.
The Abu Dhabi Police called on drivers to abide by safe driving rules and turn on the vehicle’s lights while driving at night between sunset to sunrise. They also called on them to use the vehicle lights when necessary to alert others and avoid possible accidents and injuries.
The Abu Dhabi Court of Cassation upheld a judgment that obligated a yacht’s owner to pay compensation of Dhs2.058 million to the insurance company, which compensated a number of yachts damaged by a fire caused by the first yacht.
“In my view, overseas Pakistanis should not only get the voting rights but should be allowed to be members of Parliament and Senate as well. No one can understand the problems of expats better than the overseas Pakistanis themselves. Their contribution towards uplifting the country’s economy is immense. Their services should be recognised,” Hans said.
The UAE is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year and there are people from different expatriate communities who saw this ‘Golden’ journey through their eyes. Munawar Hussain, a Pakistani expatriate, who has been residing in the country since 1970 is one of them.
Hailing from Sialkot, Hussain’s journey to reach Dubai was not easy or smooth.